About the Parents and Grandparents Immigration Program 2020
Do you want to sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residence? Here is what you need to know.
Earlier this week, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) verified the details of the opening of the 2020 ingestion window for the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP). Parental PR immigration program is the way to settle your loved ones in Canada.
The 2020 PGP will be available involving October 13 at 12 PM EDT and November 3 at 12 PM EST.. During this period, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be able to submit interest to sponsor forms on IRCC’s website.
IRCC will then randomly select possible patrons and encourage them to submit an application.
IRCC will accept up to 10,000 software for the 2020 PGP. It declared it will start another intake interval in 2021 and will take up to 30,000 software next year.
In case IRCC invites you following November 3rd, you will have 60 days to submit your completed sponsorship application. Parental PR immigration program is an easy way to settle your parents in Canada.
What is the eligibility standards for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
So as to be eligible for the 2020 PGP, Patrons Will Need to :
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or a registered Indian under the Canadian Indian Act;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Reside in Canada
- Exceed the minimum necessary income level
- Signal a job:
- • to financially support the sponsored family for 20 years
- • If the sponsor resides in Quebec, you have to sign an extra undertaking with Quebec.
Sponsors will need to prove they meet the income requirements by submitting Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) notices of assessment. If you reside in a province or territory outside of Quebec, you need to show your income in the past 3 tax years, but the need is for just 1 year if you reside in Quebec.
You can also have your partner or common-law spouse as a co-signer that will help you meet the income requirement nevertheless they need to also meet with the eligibility criteria and adhere to this 20-year job period.
The purpose of the undertaking will be to make certain you’re able to financially provide for the sponsored family members.
How do I calculate my family size for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
Family size is the number of people you will be financially responsible for.
To calculate your family size, please count :
♦ your spouse or common-law partner
♦ your dependent children (only include children under 22 years old and Never married or in a common-law Dating )
• Just include young children beginning the year they were born
♦ your spouse or Spouse’s dependent children
♦ any Household members you along with your co-signer (if applicable) Formerly sponsored and for That Which you’re still financially Accountable
♦ parents and grandparents That You want to sponsor and their dependents
♦ Dependent children who Won’t come to Canada with your Grandparents or Parents
♦ Your parents or grandparent’s spouse or Spouse even if they Won’t come to Canada
♦ Your parents or grandparents’ Split spouse
How can I apply ?
Step 1 – Make sure you meet the eligibility standards.
Step 2 – Complete an interest to host form on IRCC’s website between October 13 and November 3.
Step 3 – Wait to see whether you are one of the 10,000 software randomly drawn by IRCC.
Step 4 – Submit a completed sponsorship application to IRCC within 60 days.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- CELPIP- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
- Get a Job in Canada from India
- Pearson Language Test (PTE) Core
- Canada Tourist Visa to Work Permit
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Designer
- Australia PR Visa: Complete Guide to Permanent Residency
- Canada Occupation List 2024
- National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code
- Canada’s Average Salary & Employment Opportunities
- Requirement Of Proof Of Funds For Canada PR 2024
- Common Myths about Canada’s Express Entry Program
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- What is PPR Canada? How it Affects Canadian Immigration
- Immigrate to Canada as a Software Developer in 2024
- Canada V/S Australia: Which country is better for immigration in 2024?
- Ontario, British Columbia, and Manitoba invite candidates in this week’s PNP results
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month