About the Parents and Grandparents Immigration Program 2020
Do you want to sponsor your parents and grandparents for permanent residence? Here is what you need to know.
Earlier this week, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) verified the details of the opening of the 2020 ingestion window for the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP). Parental PR immigration program is the way to settle your loved ones in Canada.
The 2020 PGP will be available involving October 13 at 12 PM EDT and November 3 at 12 PM EST.. During this period, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be able to submit interest to sponsor forms on IRCC’s website.
IRCC will then randomly select possible patrons and encourage them to submit an application.
IRCC will accept up to 10,000 software for the 2020 PGP. It declared it will start another intake interval in 2021 and will take up to 30,000 software next year.
In case IRCC invites you following November 3rd, you will have 60 days to submit your completed sponsorship application. Parental PR immigration program is an easy way to settle your parents in Canada.
What is the eligibility standards for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
So as to be eligible for the 2020 PGP, Patrons Will Need to :
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or a registered Indian under the Canadian Indian Act;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Reside in Canada
- Exceed the minimum necessary income level
- Signal a job:
- • to financially support the sponsored family for 20 years
- • If the sponsor resides in Quebec, you have to sign an extra undertaking with Quebec.
Sponsors will need to prove they meet the income requirements by submitting Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) notices of assessment. If you reside in a province or territory outside of Quebec, you need to show your income in the past 3 tax years, but the need is for just 1 year if you reside in Quebec.
You can also have your partner or common-law spouse as a co-signer that will help you meet the income requirement nevertheless they need to also meet with the eligibility criteria and adhere to this 20-year job period.
The purpose of the undertaking will be to make certain you’re able to financially provide for the sponsored family members.
How do I calculate my family size for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
Family size is the number of people you will be financially responsible for.
To calculate your family size, please count :
♦ your spouse or common-law partner
♦ your dependent children (only include children under 22 years old and Never married or in a common-law Dating )
• Just include young children beginning the year they were born
♦ your spouse or Spouse’s dependent children
♦ any Household members you along with your co-signer (if applicable) Formerly sponsored and for That Which you’re still financially Accountable
♦ parents and grandparents That You want to sponsor and their dependents
♦ Dependent children who Won’t come to Canada with your Grandparents or Parents
♦ Your parents or grandparent’s spouse or Spouse even if they Won’t come to Canada
♦ Your parents or grandparents’ Split spouse
How can I apply ?
Step 1 – Make sure you meet the eligibility standards.
Step 2 – Complete an interest to host form on IRCC’s website between October 13 and November 3.
Step 3 – Wait to see whether you are one of the 10,000 software randomly drawn by IRCC.
Step 4 – Submit a completed sponsorship application to IRCC within 60 days.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw
- Express Entry Draw #221 – 27 April 2022
- FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in July – IRCC
- Express Entry: 787 PNP candidates invited
- Express Entry Draw: Canada Invited 919 PNP Candidates
- Express Entry Draw: 924 candidates are Invited
- 35,000 immigrants landed in Canada
- Canada invited 1,047 Express Entry candidates
- Canada eyes on achieving 4,01,000 immigration goals
- Latest Express Entry CEC Draw 2021