How to apply for Canada PR Visa in 2023
The Canadian government has targeted to welcome one million immigrants to be admitted as permanent residents in the next three years. Canada has the tenth-largest economy in the world and is facing a shortage of skilled workers in the labour market. To counter this problem, the federal government has targeted to admit one million new permanent residents in the coming years.
Canada PR Visa is a type of permanent resident that visa that allows its holder to live anywhere in the country for five years.
There are major benefits of becoming a Canadian permanent resident. These benefits are:
Benefits of Canada PR Visa
- Can live and work anywhere in Canada.
- Free education for the children till the age of 18.
- Almost all your medical expenses are covered.
- Don’t need to pay taxes on the income earned outside of Canada.
- Protection under Canada’s law & order.
- Can sponsor your relatives for a Canada PR visa.
What is the eligibility to apply for Canada PR Visa?
Canada immigration is a point-based system. For skilled immigrants to apply for PR Visa they must score a minimum of 67 points in the FSWP point assessment grid. These PR Visa points are awarded based on the factors that are mentioned below in the 67 points calculator:
- Language Skills – 28 points maximum
- Educational Qualification – 25 points maximum
- Work Experience – 15 points maximum
- Arranged Employment – 10 points maximum
- Adaptability – 10 points maximum
Other than the basic eligibility criteria, candidates must also meet the minimum requirements of the different immigration programs under Canadian immigration. Every immigration program has different requirements based on how they are designed to meet the demands of the labour market.
What is the different Canada PR Visa process?
The Canadian government has around 80 immigration programs to facilitate a smooth and easy immigration process. Immigrants can choose the process which is best suited to their skill sets.
Following are the major immigration programs to apply for Canada PR Visa:
1. Express Entry Program
Express Entry is the most popular and the fastest immigration program for getting a Canada PR. On average, a PR Visa application takes around 6 to 8 months process.
Skilled immigrants have to apply for PR Visa through one of the three federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
All the Express profiles are then submitted into the express pool. Based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores all the profiles are ranked in the pool. The highest-ranked profiles are then given an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to submit their application for a permanent residence visa to the IRCC.
2. Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) are specifically designed for provinces & territories to meet the demands of their local labour market and nominate skilled for permanent residency. Skilled immigrants will help in the economic development of the province.
Every provincial nomination program has its different requirements based on the demand of the local labor market. There are two ways to apply for PNP:
- First is directly approaching the immigration office of the province you want to settle in.
- The second is through the express entry program.
Candidates need to show Expression of Interest (EOI) in their express profile and select the province they want to settle in. Express Entry candidates who can get a provincial nomination are awarded 600 CRS points. These many points are more than enough to apply for permanent residence at the IRCC.
Following are the major Canadian PNP for skilled immigrants:
3. Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
Quebec has its own immigration programs to select skilled immigrants for permanent residency. There are two steps in this program – first, it is to get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) which shows that the candidate is selected by the Quebec immigration office. The second step is to apply for a permanent residence visa to IRCC with the CSQ certificate.
4. Family Class Immigration
Through this immigration route, an applicant can live with their loved ones in Canada as a permanent resident. For these applicants must be a:
- Canadian citizen OR
- A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Indian Act of Canada OR
- Permanent resident of Canada;
5. Business Class Immigration
The Business Immigration Program is implemented/designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of individuals who are successful business people looking to manage or own their business in Canada. Some of the main immigration programs for business people to apply for a Canadian PR visa are as follows:
- Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Several programs for PNP entrepreneurs
What are the documents required to apply for Canada PR?
Following are the list of documents that are required to apply for a Canada permanent residence visa and they are as follows:
- IELTS examination score to prove your language proficiency.
- If the candidate has a provincial nomination, they need to have a document as proof for the same.
- A validated job offer from an eligible employer of the province.
- Proof of funds to show that the candidate will be able to support themselves and their family members in Canada for at least 3 months.
- Legal traveling documents.
- Medical examination certification.
- Police Clearance certification.
What are the fees and processing time for the PR visa from Canada?
To apply for a Canadian PR visa, an immigrant must submit the following fees to IRCC:
- Application fees (without right of permanent residence) – CAD 850
- Application Fee (Processing Fee (CAD 850) and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (CAD 515)) – CAD 1365
- Include spouse or partner (no right of permanent residence fee) – CAD 850
- Include a dependent child – CAD 230 per child
The processing of Canadian PR visa applications mainly depends on the immigration program through which the immigrant applied for a Canadian PR visa. Once an applicant can obtain an Invitation to Apply ITA) and has submitted their application within 60 days to IRCC, their application is processed within 6 to 8 months.
Step by Step process for Canada PR Visa !
The immigration process is highly intricate and can be intimidating at times. Hence, it is pertinent that you undergo our proper channels in order to achieve hassle free immigration experience.
STEP 01: Get your ECA done ( ECA processing time ~ 6–8 weeks
ECA is (Education Credential Assessment). It is done by several evaluation agencies (WES one of them) and provides you with the Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.
Step 2: Applying For ECA (Educational Credential assessment) (6-8 weeks
ECA (Education Credential Assessment) is done by multiple organizations (WES/ICAS/IQAS/CES- etc. ) and they provide you the certificatefor Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.
STEP 03: Create Express Entry profile with your IELTS score and ECA
Creating the Express Entry profile enters you in the pool of candidates waiting for the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Make sure all the information mentioned in the profile is accurate as you will be asked to provide proof of all that information once you are selected for further processing.
Step 4: Wait for the Invitation To Apply (ITA)
The Government of Canada issues Invitations To Apply (ITAs) to the highest-ranked candidates in the Express Entry pool in almost every 15 days. and publishes the CRS cut-off score. CRS scores are not fixed and vary in almost every draw, and candidates may take steps to improve their ranking while in the pool such as Increasing IELTS score, applying under PNP program etc.
Step 5: Post ITA
You get 2 months (60 days) to submit your documents Employment letters/IELTS score card/Reference Letters/Educational Documents/passport etc. in scanned form. In short After candidates receive Invitation to apply from Canada, they are supposed to provide documents and proof of all the information mentioned in their Express Entry Profile along with a few others supporting documents along with proof of funds.
Step 6: Biometric, pay Immigration Fee and wait for the PPR
After submitting the documents and after biometric (Including Dependents) and paying the Immigration fees, the Canadian Immigration officers will verify the documents and information provided. Canada PR visa processing generally takes 4-6 months depending on the factors like application type, countries a person has belonged to etc.. At this step Medical Clearance certificate and Police clearance Certificate is also applied by candidates to submit in immigration office.
Step 7: Passport Request from Immigration office
After verification Passport Submission request is sent by immigration office . Candidates need to Submit Passport and get Canada CoPR (Confirmation of PR).
Once the documents are verified, candidates are intimated about the result of their application via mail. On successful processing, candidates are required to submit the passports of all the applicants for the Visa Stamping and CoPR. Passport (Including dependents) is submitted by VFS Global and the stamped passports are returned to the designated address within 7 days along with 2 copies of CoPR along with the time duration to fly within.
Step 8: Fly Canada on CoPR and apply for PR card
Applicants, can travel to Canada within the tenure mentioned on the passport. The tenure is generally till the time passport is valid or till medical proof is valid, whichever is earlier. In any case, it will not be more than 12 months.
On arrival in Canada, you pay the right to PR visa fee / Post landing fee of 515 CAD. ( Per Adult). There are no Post Landing fees for your children.
Why we are best immigration consultants in Delhi for Canada?
Province immigration is not only an Immigration consultants ,we are the Best immigration Consultants in Delhi for Canada .We work with 100%Transparency to give you 100% Success along with Experience, Expertise and excellence , this is what makes us the Best immigration consultant in Delhi for as well as pan- India level. Below are some points that made us the best immigration consultant –
- Processing fee –We don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based fee plan.
- Working Days–We work 7 days for our clients.
- Scope of services–We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
- Refund- We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 100% of our Processing fee.
- Complementary Services- Your visa application is just 50% of settlement in abroad, So we provide complimentary services such as Job Assistance, Resume writing,Ielts training, Post Landing Services.
- Success Rate- We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one of the highest in industry.
- Visa categories- We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
Note: To combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has granted applicants with incomplete applications an additional 90 days to obtain all the correct documents.
I would recommend all the aspiring candidates for planning to move abroad to choose Province Immigration as their consultants. I have personally experienced the services provided by them and have been able to successfully complete the immigration process through their support and guidance. My Case Officer Manisha has played a vital role in ensuring that all my documents were in place and timelines were met. Thank you!
( Canada PR Visa )
Annual Salaries Trends in Canada in 2022
|Information Technology||₹ 44.8 lacs|
|Legal||₹ 44.2 lacs|
|Engineering||₹ 43.3 lacs|
|Finance||₹ 39.2 lacs|
|Healthcare & Social sevices||₹ 36.3 lacs|
|Sales & Marketing||₹ 32.4 lacs|
|Construction & Maintenance||₹ 29.9 lacs|
|Childcare & Education||₹ 28.1 lacs|
|Accounting & Administration||₹ 27.9 lacs|
|Transportation||₹ 23.5 lacs|
|Art||₹ 20.9 lacs|
|Retail & Customer service||₹ 20.1 lacs|
|Food services||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Shipping & Manufacturing||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Hospitality||₹ 17.6 lacs|
Settlement funds required for Canada PR Visa -(Updated on January 1, 2020)
|Number of Family Members||Required Funds (In-CAD)|
|For each additional family member, add||$3,492|
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw