Skilled Nominated Regional Visa Subclass 489
Table of Contents
What is 489 Skilled Regional Visa?
A temporary visa is the 489 Skilled Regional Visa, also known as Subclass 489 visa. It enables professionals or skilled immigrants to live and work in Australia.
You should keep in mind that the Australian government recently closed category 489. With effect from November 16, 2019, it has been replaced by the subclass 491 visa (Skilled Work Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 491). The subclass 489 visa category is specifically created for applicants who have the necessary qualifications, experience, and skills that are in demand in certain Australian states or remote locations.
You must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible to apply for a Subclass 489 Provisional Visa in Australia in accordance with immigration law:
- You must be younger than 44 years old.
- You must possess relevant work experience in one of the approved professions on Australia’s list of qualifying skilled professions.
- On the immigration-focused Australia Points Test System, you must receive at least 65 points.
- You need to get a favourable skills evaluation from an appropriate assessing authority.
- You must have experience that satisfies the criteria of your state or area.
- IELTS must show that you have the necessary level of English proficiency.
- An expression of interest is required (EOI)
- A State Sponsorship Application is required.
- In order to obtain a favourable Police Clearance Report, you must meet the minimal standards for character and health.
- For two years following the issuance of the visa, you must reside in a region or state that is the sponsor.
The Subclass 489 visa is a four-year temporary visa that prevents you from applying for permanent residence unless you have lived in a regional area for at least two years and worked full-time (at least 35 hours per week) for at least 12 months.
Along with filling out the online visa application form, you must include information from your passport. Be cautious when giving information such as your passport number, issuance date, expiration date, and location of issue.
- Identification and civil status proof
You may provide the following identification documents: Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, and PAN Card
- Work Experience documents
The following documents are regarded as excellent proof of your professional qualifications:
- a letter of recommendation from your current or former employer
- Reference letter from your company, present or former
- Appointment Letter (s)
- Letter of resignation from your prior job
- salary receipts
- participation in a reputable professional organisation
- Education documents
Additionally, you must provide copies of your diplomas, certificates, mark sheets, and transcripts. When you apply for a Skilled regional provisional Visa, these will prove your educational credentials.
- Proof of Language Proficiency
You must present documentation of your English language ability with your visa application. The ideal score for the purpose is an IELTS score because immigration authorities all over the world like it. It is advised that each section have a minimum score of 6.
- Evidence of a dependent child and a marriage
To prove your relationship with your spouse and that they are a qualifying relative, all you need is a marriage certificate. If you can provide sufficient proof, you may also bring a dependent kid.
- Medical Report
To receive such a certificate, you must undergo a medical examination at a clinic or hospital that has been given approval.
- Certificate of Police Clearance
Additionally, the candidate for a Subclass 489 Skilled Regional Provisional Visa must present a police clearance certificate from his or her home country. It must be more than six months old from the date of the visa application.
In order to help you understand the application process, we are presenting the step-by-step guide.
After getting an invitation, you have 60 days to apply for a subclass 489 provisional visa.
- After getting an invitation, you have 60 days to apply for a subclass 489 provisional visa.
- In order to help you understand the application process, we are presenting the step-by-step guide.
- Create and log in Skill Select account.
- Click the “Apply for Visa” button after that.
- You will now be prompted to open an ImmiAccount. Keep in mind that your ImmiAccount username and password should be separate from your Skill Select account.
- Enter the necessary information in the forms, and then attach the scanned copies of your documents.
- You will be instructed to pay the application fees for the visa.
- After a successful payment, don’t forget to write down the Transaction Reference Number. For future use, you might need this transaction ID or number.
- You cannot check the status of your visa application after you submit it, but you can keep an eye on your email for any correspondence.
Cost of application
Depending on the applicant’s choice of pathway, Subclass 489’s price can vary. This list details the price for each pathway:
- Invited Pathway- AUD 4,115
- Extended Pathway- AUD 360
- Subsequent Entry Pathway- AUD 360 when the family member is an extended stay pathway applicant
- AUD 4,115 if the family member is an invited pathway applicant.
Time taken for processing application
A temporary visa known as the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa or Subclass 489 enables skilled individuals to reside and work in Australia. With the aid of a state, territory, or family sponsorship, this visa offers three alternative pathways that allow temporary 489 visa holders to obtain permanent residence in Australia for up to 4 years.
Here are the various paths and their approximate processing times:
- Invited Pathway (applicants nominated by a state, territory, or eligible relative to submit a visa application): 75% of applications take 19 months, while 90% require 24 months or more. The time needed for Territory/State Nomination and Family-Sponsored streams is included in this processing time.
- Extended Stay Pathway holders with subclass 475, 495, 487, or 496 visas may choose the extended stay pathway. This pathway does not have a set processing time.
- Subsequent Entry Pathway (applicant’s qualifying relative who is already in possession of a 489, 475, 495, 487, or 496 visa and resides in Australia): There is no set processing period for this kind of visa application.
Why we are best immigration consultants in Delhi for Canada?
Province immigration is not only an Immigration consultants ,we are the Best immigration Consultants in Delhi for Canada .We work with 100%Transparency to give you 100% Success along with Experience, Expertise and excellence , this is what makes us the Best immigration consultant in Delhi for as well as pan- India level. Below are some points that made us the best immigration consultant –
- Processing fee –We don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based fee plan.
- Working Days–We work 7 days for our clients.
- Scope of services–We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
- Refund- We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 60% of our Processing fee.
- Complementary Services- Your visa application is just 50% of settlement in abroad, So we provide complimentary services such as Job Assistance, Resume writing,Ielts training, Post Landing Services.
- Success Rate- We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one of the highest in industry.
- Visa categories- We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
Note: To combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has granted applicants with incomplete applications an additional 90 days to obtain all the correct documents.
I would recommend all the aspiring candidates for planning to move abroad to choose Province Immigration as their consultants. I have personally experienced the services provided by them and have been able to successfully complete the immigration process through their support and guidance. My Case Officer Manisha has played a vital role in ensuring that all my documents were in place and timelines were met. Thank you!
( Canada PR Visa )
Annual Salaries Trends in Canada in 2020
|Information Technology||₹ 44.8 lacs|
|Legal||₹ 44.2 lacs|
|Engineering||₹ 43.3 lacs|
|Finance||₹ 39.2 lacs|
|Healthcare & Social sevices||₹ 36.3 lacs|
|Sales & Marketing||₹ 32.4 lacs|
|Construction & Maintenance||₹ 29.9 lacs|
|Childcare & Education||₹ 28.1 lacs|
|Accounting & Administration||₹ 27.9 lacs|
|Transportation||₹ 23.5 lacs|
|Art||₹ 20.9 lacs|
|Retail & Customer service||₹ 20.1 lacs|
|Food services||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Shipping & Manufacturing||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Hospitality||₹ 17.6 lacs|
Settlement funds required for Canada PR Visa -(Updated on January 1, 2020)
|Number of Family Members||Required Funds (In-CAD)|
|For each additional family member, add||$3,492|
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223