Ontario Occupation In-Demand List 2023
For immigrants who want to live in the province as a permanent resident, the province of Ontario has a special agreement with Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows them to select the skilled immigrants for PR status in the province. This immigration pathway is known as Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) with a different Canada PR Visa.
With the help of the OINP, Ontario can nominate the skilled immigrants with the required work experience to settle and work in the province as a permanent resident. This allows the province to meet the shortage of skilled labor in the local labor market and help in the economic development of the province.
Now, to facilitate the admission of the immigrants with different skill sets into the province, OINP is made up of the following three categories:
- Employer Job Offer
- Human Capital
What is OINP Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skill Stream?
This is an immigration pathway for the immigrants to live in the province of Ontario. It provides a pathway to the immigrants who are having work experience in a field of work that is in-demand in the province.
You can check your occupation whether it is in-demand in the province or not with the help of our updated Ontario Immigration Occupation List.
What are the requirements to apply for high demand jobs in Ontario?
Before a candidate applies under this stream, they need to meet the following requirements:
- For work experience, the candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in an occupation that is in-demand in the province. This work experience must be gathered in the previous three years before the submission of the application.
- The candidate needs to submit a license or any other authorization, in case the occupation requires an applicant to do so.
For language proficiency, the candidate is required to have a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4. This candidate needs to show language proficiency in either English or French language. Candidates can give the following examinations that are recognized by the federal government of Canada:
For the English language
- IELTS: International English Language Testing
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
For the French language:
- TEF: Test d’evaluation de francais pour le Canada
- Under Educational qualification requirements, Candidates must have a minimum Canadian high school diploma or credential or its equivalent in another country. For proving the equivalency, the candidate is required to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for their educational qualifications.
- Candidates are also required to show some funds as settlement funds. These funds will prove that the candidate will be able to support themselves and their accompanying family members financially.
- Lastly, the candidate is required to show their intention to settle and work in the province of Ontario.
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw
What are the occupations that are in high demand in Ontario?
Following is the list of high demand jobs in Ontario. This list of occupations can be changed based on the discretion of the provincial government.
- 0131 – Telecommunications Carriers Managers
- 0213 – Computer and Information Systems Managers
- 2133 – Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 2147 – Computer Engineers (Except Software engineers and Design)
- 2171 – Information Systems and Analysts and Consultants
- 2172 – Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- 2173 – Software Engineers and Designers
- 2174 – Computer programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- 2175 – Web designers and Developers
- 2241 – Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists
- 2281 – Computer Network Technicians
- 2282 – User Support Technicians
- 2283 – Systems Testing Technicians
- 5224 – Broadcast Technicians
- 5241 – Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Ontario has always been a province of choice for IT. That’s why most of the nominations offered by the province are for those who have work experience in one of the many information and communications technology (ICT) trades. As part of a new initiative that began June 26 this year, Ontario has even officially announced that candidates with IT experience would be selected by the province. As part of this new initiative, Ontario searched the Express entry pool specifically for IT profiles in its popular Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream. HCP is an extremely popular category of the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP).
Applicants with good qualifying experience in one of the IT occupations are eligible to receive Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. The candidate must have a minimum score of 400 CRS to obtain the NOI. Ontario only invites candidates with 400 CRS points or more. As a result, the candidate under Express entry program becomes eligible to claim an additional 600 CRS points and an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence at a subsequent draw and apply for a Canada PR visa. CRS calculator will help you to check your CRS score for Canada PR Visa.
What are the documents required to apply in Ontario demand occupation list?
When the candidate is applying for OINP’s In-Demand skills stream, they are required to submit the scanned copies of the following documents with their application:
- Identity documents
- Status documents in Canada
- Job Offer documents
- Document to support the candidate’s work history
- Education qualification documents
- Language test results
- Documents to prove that the candidate meets the settlement funds
- Other optional documents (if applicable)
Ontario is considered the most privileged province because it is the capital of the huge country of Canada and offers many opportunities for growth to young aspiring immigrants like you. If you want to know your probabilities and chances of immigrating to Canada, log in to our website!!
What is the application fee?
The application fee for the in-demand skills stream of the OINP covers the cost of processing your application:
- CAD 1,500 if the job offered is in the outside of Greater Toronto Area;
- CAD 2,000 if the job offered is within the area of Greater Toronto (Durham, City of Toronto, Halton, York and Peele region);