Canada Express Entry Program 2023
The express entry program is an online system used to manage applications for Canada PR Visa for skilled workers. It is the fastest and most popular immigration program under Canadian immigration. It was introduced in January 2015 by the federal government, to replace the previous “first come, first served” process.
What are the characteristics of the Express Entry Program?
With the Express Entry program, Canada’s immigration process has become more streamlined and transparent. Below are some of the basic characteristics of the fastest Canadian immigration program:
- It is an online program allowing you to apply for a Canada PR Visa from anywhere in the world.
- Move to Canada in 6 to 8 months.
- Uses a point system to rank profiles in the pool – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- Job offer is a significant benefit, but it is not mandatory.
- Can also apply for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry Pool.
- Secure Canadian Employment through Job Bank.
How to apply for the Express Entry program?
Application for Canada PR Visa through Express Entry program is a two-step process:
Step 1: Create your Online profile in the Express Entry program
Skilled immigrants who have work experience across 347 occupations (including Engineering, Health Occupations, Information Technology & Sciences, Skilled Trades, etc.) and meet the minimum eligibility criteria, may submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile in the pool.
You must score at least 67 points out of 100 in the FSWP points assessment grid to be able to apply under the Express Entry program.
Once the profile is created and is submitted in the express entry pool, they are ranked using the CRS.
Candidates with a provincial nomination or without a job offer can submit their employment profile with Canada Job Bank to look for a job in Canada.
Step 2: Receive your ITA to apply for Canada PR Visa
Higher ranked profiles in the express entry pool are issued Invitation to Apply (ITA) through regularly held express entry Canada draws. After getting an ITA, you have 60 days to submit your complete application for Canada PR Visa to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Who is eligible for the express entry program?
Immigrants with a degree with skilled work experience and moderate proficiency in either English or French is an ideal candidates for the Express entry program. Candidates who are eligible under the following program can apply for Canada PR Visa through the Express Entry program:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Steps to apply for Canada PR Visa through Express entry program
Step 1: Get ECA
You must get your education credentials assessed by an authorized Canadian assessing body to prove equivalency to Canadian education.
Step 2: Complete your IELTS examination
Must attain the minimum 6 points per band in each module of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening in the IELTS examination
Step 3: Create an Express Entry profile
After you have met the minimum requirements for PR Visa, you can create an online profile in the express entry program. This profile will include all the basic details like age, work experience, language skills, etc.
Step 4: Get an ITA
If you can clear the latest CRS Score cut-off, you shall get an ITA that will enable you to submit your application for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC within 60 days.
Step 5: Medical and PCC
Along with your application for Canada PR Visa, you have to submit a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and must undergo a medical examination which is a mandatory requirement.
Step 6: Application reviewed by IRCC
After successfully submitting your application, IRCC will assess your application for a Canada PR Visa. Reviewing your PR visa application can take around 4 to 8 months.
Step 7: Get your CoPR
You will get your Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR) after the successful assessment of your application.
How to calculate your Express Entry points?
Express entry program requires you to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 to be eligible for the program. Canada Express entry points calculator awards point based on the following selection factors:
- Age (Maximum 12 points): You can get the maximum points if your age is between 18-35 years.
- Education (Maximum 25 points): You must have a minimum educational qualification that is equal to a Canadian high school diploma to be eligible. As the level of educational qualification increases, you also get more points.
- Work experience (Maximum 15 points): Must have a minimum of one year of work experience to get the minimum points. More work experience will get you more points.
- Language ability (Maximum 28 points): Must get 6 per band in the IELTS examination that is equivalent to CLB 7 to be eligible for Canada PR Visa. Higher CLB levels award extra points.
- Adaptability (Maximum 10 points): You can get maximum points if your family members or friends are living in Canada as permanent residents and will support you when you move to Canada. You can also get points if your spouse or common-law partner is also moving to Canada with you.
- Arranged Employment (Maximum 10 points): A valid job offer from a Canadian employer gets you the maximum points.
What’s better - Express entry program or PNP?
Most PNP requires candidates to have a valid express entry profile. In case you’re having a connection to any province in Canada like work experience or study experience, then it is advisable to apply for a PNP in that particular province.
If you do not have any connection with any place in Canada, then applying for a Canada PR Visa through the Express Entry program is the best way for you.
To check which program is better for you – Canadian immigration Express Entry or PNP, fill out our online application.
How much Express entry program costs?
- Language Test (IELTS): INR 15,500
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): CAD 227 – $322
- Biometrics: $85/ person
- Government Fees: $1,325/ adult & $225/ child
- Medical Examination Fees: $250/ adult & $250/ child (approximately)
- PCC: $100/ country (approximately)
There is no government initial fee to create your online express entry profile. You have to submit fees when you are invited to apply for a Canada PR Visa.
You have to show some settlement funds for a Canada PR Visa. The following table shows the amount required per family size:
|Number of family members||Funds required (In-CAD)|
|For each additional family member||3,586|
Important Links Related To Canada PR
How to increase your chances of success?
Hiring the services of an experienced immigration consultant is one of the key factors that will help you to increase your chances of success for a Canada PR Visa.