Manitoba Business Investor Stream
The province of Manitoba is a prairie province located in the heart of Canada. Through a special agreement with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Manitoba is able to nominate qualified and capable immigrants for permanent resident status, using an immigration pathway known as Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
The MPNP allows the province to meet local labor market demands by selecting skilled immigrants who have the perfect credentials and work experience best suited to the province of Manitoba’s labor market.
To be able to nominate immigrants with different skill sets, MPNP has the following components:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba
- Skilled Workers Overseas
- International Education Stream
- Business Investor Stream
What is the Manitoba Business Investor Stream?
Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream (BIS) aims to attract business owners and experienced entrepreneurs to start their own business in Manitoba. Through this stream, the Province of Manitoba is able to nominate qualified and experienced business owners and entrepreneurs who intend to start or purchase businesses in Manitoba.
Business Investor Stream (BIS) has the below mentioned immigration programs:
- Farm Investor
Eligibility for Manitoba BIS Entrepreneur Pathway
Entrepreneur Pathway formerly known as Manitoba Business Stream provides immigrants who wish to run their own business in Manitoba an immigration pathway.
To apply under the Entrepreneur pathway, immigrants must first meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum of three years of experience within the past five years, either as an active business owner or as a senior executive of a successful business.
- Business owners gave more points than senior managers.
- The business owner must hold at least 33.3% ownership to qualify for points.
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)/ NCLC level 5.
- Minimum Canadian High school certificate equivalent.
- There is no minimum or maximum age requirement, but points for age are only awarded to the applicant in the age bracket of 25-49.
- Minimum investment is $250,000 for businesses located in the Manitoba Capital Region (MCR).
- Minimum investment is $150,000 if a business is located outside of the Manitoba Capital Region (MCR).
- The investment must be made in a qualifying business which is defined by the MPNP.
- The proposed business must create or maintain at least one job as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the province (excluding business owners and/or their relatives).
Business research visit:
- The business plan is an integral part of the application and is a mandatory requirement.
- The business research visit allows the applicant to conduct in-depth research for their investment or business proposal. The visit must be carried out no more than one year before the submission of the applicant’s Expression of Interest.
Applicants gets points assigned based on the following cases:
- Spouses have CLB/NCLC level 5 or higher.
- Spouses have CLB/NCLC level 5 or higher in the second official language.
- Spouse or common-law partner has a close relative residing in the province for a minimum of one year.
- The applicant’s child is enrolled in an accredited educational institution in Manitoba and is in full-time academic, vocational or vocational training for at least six months.
- The applicant or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has completed a full-time program of study or at least one year at a post-secondary institution in the province.
- Applicants or any accompanying family members must have completed a minimum 6 months of full-time regular employment in the province.
- A net worth of at least CAD 500,000 which must be verified by a third-party supplier approved by the provincial authorities.
Business performance agreement:
- Once the application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) is signed before the MPNP issues a letter of support for the work permit application.
What are the steps to apply for the Manitoba BIS Entrepreneur Pathway?
Here are the steps to apply for the Manitoba Business Immigration Stream:
Step 1: The very first step would be to complete a self-assessment to determine if the candidate is able to meet the minimum criteria of the Entrepreneur pathway. Candidates must complete the self-assessment form and once it is completed, candidates will be given a score out of 150 points based on certain factors. We will discuss later on how points are awarded.
Step 2: Entrepreneur candidates are encouraged to visit Manitoba and attend business seminars hosted by the Business Counseling Unit (BCU) of the Immigration and Economic Opportunity Division. Applicants must complete a business concept form before receiving an ITA to apply for the Entrepreneur Pathway.
Applicants are needed to describe the following for their business concept:
- Business opportunity identified in Manitoba.
- Research that helped candidates choose the company as a viable opportunity.
- How the candidate’s background, education and experience will help develop the business opportunity.
- Planned investment and financial situation of the applicant.
- How products/services will be marketed and identify a company’s competitive advantage over other competitors.
- Critical resource requirements, e.g. geographic location, specialized equipment, etc.
- Implementation deadlines taking into account the possibilities of early establishment of related companies.
- Critical risk factors that explain the risk management strategies to overcome the same risks.
- Additional research needed to finalize the business plan.
- How the company will contribute to Manitoba’s economic growth.
Step 3: After completing the market survey, candidate entrepreneurs must submit the following forms to the MPNP.
- Business Compact form
- Self-Assessment form
- Code of Conduct for Immigration Representatives
Step 4: Once applicants are able to meet the minimum criteria and their business concept is approved, the Manitoba Provincial Office will send a Notice of Candidature Letter (LAA) to the candidate. After obtaining the LAA, the applicant has 120 days to submit a complete application package to the MPNP, which includes a non-refundable application processing fee of CAD$2,500.
Step 5: After all, this app review is over. The assessment of the application may include an invitation to an in-person interview. The applicant is required to sign a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) which acts as a contractual agreement between the applicant and MPNP. After signing the BPA, MPNP issues a Letter of Support (LOS). The LOS must be included in the temporary work permit application that is submitted to the IRCC.
Step 6: With the help of the temporary work permit, an applicant can operate their business in the province. They are required to provide regular updates on business performance. The applicant can make an appointment with BCU for assistance, feedback and advice regarding the successful establishment of the business.
Step 7: Once the candidate is able to fulfill the BPA requirements, he will obtain a provincial nomination certificate from the provincial government. With the help of this nomination, the applicant can apply for a Canada Public Relations visa at IRCC.
How are points awarded by the MPNP for the Business Immigration Stream?
The Province of Manitoba awards points to applicants based on factors such as age, education level, business experience, language skills, and more.
How these points are awarded is described in the following tables:
Age (Maximum 10 points)
Age (in years)
Educational Qualification (Maximum 10 points)
Post-secondary degree or diploma (two-year program)
Post-secondary degree or diploma (three-year program or longer)
Master’s degree or equivalent
University degree at a Doctoral (Ph.D.) level
None of the above
Business Experience (Maximum 30 points)
In order to score points under this factor, applicants must have business experience such as senior management experience and business ownership experience. Applicants with mid-level or entry-level management experience or independent business ownership experience will not receive points.
11 year or more
7 to 10 years
3 to 6 years
7 years or more
3 to 6 years
Official Language Proficiency (Maximum 25 points)
Candidates must pass the language tests organized by educational institutions recognized by the federal government of Canada and these institutions are as follows:
- English – International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- English – Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP).
- French – French Evaluation Test (TEF).
CLB/NCLC 8 or higher
Investment factor (Maximum 50 points)
Maximum of 10 points are awarded to the applicant for their net worth. These points are awarded in the following manner:
$500,000 to $1 Million
$1 million to $1.5 million
$1.5 million to $2 million
$2 million to $2.5 million
$2.5 million to $3 million
Maximum 15 points are awarded for Business Investment:
$200,000 – $499,999
$500,000 – $899,000
$900,000 – above
None of the above
Applicants are awarded 5 points based on the economic priorities of the proposed business. These points are awarded if the company meets the following conditions:
- The company is an active, export-oriented, value-added business with recurring business in the province, or
- The location of the business or estate is outside of the Manitoba Capital Region.
20 points are awarded to candidates based on their company research visit. The business visit must take place no later than one year before the submission of the business plan to the MPNP. These points are based on the following:
- If the entrepreneur has been in the province for at least five consecutive days and carried out the relevant activities, the applicant will be awarded 10 points; Nevertheless
- If the entrepreneur has completed an extended business research visit to Manitoba (spent at least 10 consecutive days in Manitoba and conducted extensive and relevant business and lifestyle research during that visit), the candidate will get a maximum of 20 points.
Adaptability factor (Maximum 25 points)
Applicant’s spouse/common-law partner CLB/NCLC 5 or above
Applicant’s spouse/common-law partner CLB/NCLC 5 or above in Second official language
The applicant has a close relative living in the province as a citizen or permanent resident for more than one year
The applicant has a child enrolled in accredited Manitoba educational institution with a minimum of six months prior to the submission of EOI
Applicant or applicant’s accompanying spouse or common-law partner have completed a program of full-time study or at least one year at a post-secondary institution in the province
Applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has completed at least six months of continuous full-time employment in Manitoba
Why we are best immigration consultants in Delhi for Canada?
Province immigration is not only an Immigration consultants ,we are the Best immigration Consultants in Delhi for Canada .We work with 100%Transparency to give you 100% Success along with Experience, Expertise and excellence , this is what makes us the Best immigration consultant in Delhi for as well as pan- India level. Below are some points that made us the best immigration consultant –
- Processing fee –We don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based fee plan.
- Working Days–We work 7 days for our clients.
- Scope of services–We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
- Refund- We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 100% of our Processing fee.
- Complementary Services- Your visa application is just 50% of settlement in abroad, So we provide complimentary services such as Job Assistance, Resume writing,Ielts training, Post Landing Services.
- Success Rate- We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one of the highest in industry.
- Visa categories- We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
Note: To combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has granted applicants with incomplete applications an additional 90 days to obtain all the correct documents.
I would recommend all the aspiring candidates for planning to move abroad to choose Province Immigration as their consultants. I have personally experienced the services provided by them and have been able to successfully complete the immigration process through their support and guidance. My Case Officer Manisha has played a vital role in ensuring that all my documents were in place and timelines were met. Thank you!
( Canada PR Visa )
Annual Salaries Trends in Canada in 2020
|Information Technology||₹ 44.8 lacs|
|Legal||₹ 44.2 lacs|
|Engineering||₹ 43.3 lacs|
|Finance||₹ 39.2 lacs|
|Healthcare & Social sevices||₹ 36.3 lacs|
|Sales & Marketing||₹ 32.4 lacs|
|Construction & Maintenance||₹ 29.9 lacs|
|Childcare & Education||₹ 28.1 lacs|
|Accounting & Administration||₹ 27.9 lacs|
|Transportation||₹ 23.5 lacs|
|Art||₹ 20.9 lacs|
|Retail & Customer service||₹ 20.1 lacs|
|Food services||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Shipping & Manufacturing||₹ 17.6 lacs|
|Hospitality||₹ 17.6 lacs|
Settlement funds required for Canada PR Visa -(Updated on January 1, 2020)
|Number of Family Members||Required Funds (In-CAD)|
|For each additional family member, add||$3,492|
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!