Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) 2022
OINP – Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is an immigration pathway for the candidates who want to live in the province of Ontario as permanent residents. Foreign skilled workers, international students, and others with the required skill sets and experience can apply for a provincial nomination through OINP.
OINP allows the province to nominate those immigrants who have the skills and experience needed in the labor market, with the federal government making the final decision on the application for permanent residency of the applicant.
What are the different categories under Ontario PNP?
OINP has three different immigration categories for immigrants to apply for provincial nomination. These categories are:
Employer offer job category: This category is for temporary workers who have a valid job offer from an eligible employer of the province. There are three sub-categories:
- Foreign Worker Stream – For Immigrants with work experience in a skilled occupation;
- International Student Stream – For recent graduates from an eligible education institution of the province;
- In-Demand Skills Stream – This stream is for skilled workers in specifically targeted occupations such as agriculture, construction, trucking, and personal support workers;
Human Capital Category: This category is an “enhanced” stream of Canada that allows the province to search for skilled candidates in the federal government’s express entry program. There are two streams under this OINP’s Human Capital category:
- International Graduates – To be eligible to apply under this category, recent graduates must apply within two years of getting their degree from an eligible educational institution of the province. There are two sub-streams:
- Master Graduate Stream
- Ph.D. Graduate Stream
- Ontario PNP’ Express Entry Stream – To be eligible to apply under this stream for a provincial nomination, candidates must have received an NOI – Notification of Interest from the province and have an up-to-date profile in the express entry program. There are three sub-streams under this stream:
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream – This stream is for skilled immigrants who are proficient in the French language with the required work experience and education
- Human Capital Priorities Stream – This stream is for skilled workers with the required work experience, education, language proficiency in either English or French
- Skilled Trades Stream – This stream is for immigrants with work experience in the province in an eligible trade occupation
Business Category: This category is for experienced entrepreneurs who want to start a new or buy an existing business in the province. There is only one stream under the business category – Entrepreneur Stream. Candidates whose applications are successfully processed get a temporary work permit support letter (based on your performance agreement) to set up a business in the province. If the investment and job creation agreements described in the performance agreement are respected, entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to be nominated for permanent resident status in Canada.
Basic of OINP Tech Draws
OINP Tech draws under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, which helps the province to identify people with skills in the technological sector in the federal government’s express entry pool.
OINP invites those express entry candidates who:
- Meets the minimum requirements of Human Capital Priorities stream
- Have work experience in any one of the targeted tech-related occupations
Following is the list of the targeted occupations with their respective NOC – National Occupational Classification codes:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
After the candidates can get an NOI, they will have 45 calendar days to submit their application for the provincial nomination to the OINP.
What is the process to apply for OINP?
There are three simple steps to apply for a provincial nomination for Ontario PNP:
Step 1: Applicants must make sure that they meet the minimum requirements of the OINP stream they have chosen to apply under.
Step 2: After selecting the stream, they must apply for provincial nomination online. Following is the application cost for various OINP’ streams:
- CAD 1,500 to $2,000 for the Employer job offer and Human capital streams
- CAD 3,500 per business partner of key staff applicant for business streams
Step 3: After successfully getting a provincial nomination, submit an application for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC – Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada with the provincial nomination certificate.
What is the application processing time for OINP?
The following table illustrates the application processing time for various OINP’s streams:
Estimated Processing Time
Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker
30 – 60 Days
Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
60 – 90 Days
Express Entry Skilled Trades
30 – 60 Days
30 – 60 Days
30 – 60 Days
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker
90 – 120 Days
Employer Job Offer: International Student
90 – 120 Days
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills
60 – 90 Days
Expression of Interest (EOI) Assessment: 30 days
Applications: Depending on application complexity
What are the documents required to apply for Ontario PNP?
Following is the list of documents candidate is required to submit when submitting their application for a provincial nomination through OINP’s Express entry Human Capital Priorities Stream:
- NOI from Ontario
- Identity documents
- Status documents in Canada
- Education documents
- Language test results (IELTS scores)
- Documents to support your employees in Ontario (if applicable) and your work history
- Documents to demonstrate that you meet the settlement funds requirement
- Other optional documents (if applicable)
Why Choose Province Immigration?
Province Immigration the best immigration consultant in Delhi for Canada. We as an Immigration consultants provide 100% transparency in the whole process, Starting from visa consultation to visa approval. Some of the main factor that make us the Best Immigration consultancy for Canada PR Visa –
→Processing fee : We don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based.
→Working Days : We work 7 days for our clients.
→Scope of services : We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
→Refund : We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 100% of our Processing fee.
→Success Rate : We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one
of the highest in industry.
→ Visa categories : We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm
your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
In order to help us understand your unique visa needs, please drop in your query and our representative will get back to you.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What is the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)?
Ontario PNP is a program in which potential immigrants with the skills and expertise required by the province will obtain an Ontario Provincial Nomination Certificate, allowing them to apply for permanent residence in Canada with faster processing times than other Canadian immigration programs.
Do I need a job offer to apply for OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream?
No, having a job offer is not a prerequisite to apply for Ontario provincial nomination through the Human Capital Priorities stream.
What is the processing time for Ontario PNP applications?
Processing times vary from stream to stream. Requests that require more information or additional clarification may take relatively longer to process. As of February 11, 2021, the processing time for Ontario Express Entry human capital priorities was 60 to 90 days.
What is Ontario PNP Tech draws?
Ontario Tech draws are new opportunities under OINP’s HCP immigration stream. The main aim of Ontario PNP Tech draws is to identify individuals with technological skills in the federal government’s Express Entry pool.
How to apply for a Canada PR Visa with a provincial nomination?
Getting a PR Visa through the PNP is a two-step process.
Step 1: A provincial nomination should be obtained from the relevant provincial/territorial government.
Step 2: After the PNP nomination, the provincial candidate can then apply to IRCC for their PR Canada.
"I got my PR to Canada from Province Immigration. They are genuine people and reasonable charges. In the beginning i was confused but Province Immigration has good name in the market on which i went them. Also my friends got their PR from Province Immigration and they referred me. Overall great experience."
SUNNY SINGH (PUNE, MAHARASHTRA
Canada PR Visa