Australia Visa Subclass 186
Table Of Content:
- What is Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Subclass 186?
- Immigration streams under Visa Subclass 186
- Process to apply
- Processing time
- Cost of Visa processing
What is Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Subclass 186?
The Employee Nomination Scheme Visa Subclass 186 visa is available to some foreign-national skilled employees and with this permanent resident work visa, you can work and live anywhere in Australia. An applicant for this visa must pass a skills test and be recommended by an approved Australian employer. This visa has three streams, and applicants must meet the requirements for each stream to be eligible.
Immigration streams under Visa Subclass 186
You can work in Australia under one of three streams with the Subclass 186 visa:
- The Temporary Residence Transition Stream
This stream is for workers on a Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 visa who are currently in Australia. They must have worked for their nominated employer for two years in the same occupation and now want to give them a permanent position in that occupation. The employer must not be bound by a labour agreement and must have submitted a valid nomination under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream to the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
- The Direct Entry Stream
The Direct Entry Stream is for those who have never worked in Australia or have only worked there for a short time. This stream is open to temporary residents with a Subclass 457 visa who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream. You must apply directly from outside Australia to be eligible.
- The Agreement Stream
People with a Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 visa who are sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement are eligible for the Agreement Stream. To be eligible, you must meet the agreement’s age, skill, and English language requirements.
There are three general requirements for all applicants for the Subclass 186 visa, as well as other specific requirements depending on the stream you apply under.
The following are the general requirements:
- The applicant must be nominated by an Australian employer.
- Unless there is an exemption, the applicant must be younger than 45 years old.
- The candidate must meet the skills, qualifications, and English language requirements.
The following are the employer’s requirement:
- The candidate must be legally and actively operating in Australia.
- The employer should make a full-time permanent job offer and show that the employee has a legitimate need for certain abilities brought in from abroad.
- Local and immigration laws must be followed.
- Existing and new staff should be trained in a methodical and structured manner.
The following are requirements for the employee:
- Should receive a nomination for a post that is covered by the SOL List.
- The competent assessing agencies should have given the nominated occupation a positive skill assessment.
- Should have worked in the nominated occupation for at least three years.
- If the nomination is for a highly compensated senior executive post, the compensation must be at least $250,000. (Excluding superannuation and other benefits)
- The applicant should be able to find a job that can sponsor him on a long-term basis.
- Should demonstrate that he/she has the requisite abilities for the job, as well as the proper licensure/registration if the job requires it.
- Must be under 45 years old.
- Should be able to communicate in English at a functional level.
- Have worked in the nominated occupation in Australia for at least the last two years on a temporary visa, including at least the last year for the nominating employer. Those who have recently graduated and are looking for work in Australia will need to apply for a Graduate Visa.
- Before applying for a visa, the applicant should have their health and character checked.
Process to apply
Step 1: Check to see if all eligibility requirements are fulfilled
You must meet both the overall Subclass 186 visa requirements and the specific requirements of the stream for which you are seeking. You can work in Australia under one of three streams with the Subclass 186 visa:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Direct Entry Stream
- The Agreement Stream
Step 2: Get an Employers nomination
Before you can apply for a Subclass 186 visa, your employer must submit a nomination to the Australian Department of Home Affairs on your behalf (DHA). After the nomination is approved, you must apply within six months.
Step 3: Gather all necessary documents
In order to prove the claims made, you must submit many papers with your Subclass 186 Visa application.
Step 4: Submit an online application
You must apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa online. You must have all of your paperwork ready when you apply, as well as the visa application fee, which can be paid by credit or debit card.
Step 5: Wait for the approval by DHA
The DHA may take many months to make a decision on your visa request but this shall be the final step before receiving your visa.
Step 6: Obtain your Visa
You will obtain your visa once your application has been granted, and you will be able to begin or continue working in Australia on your Visa Subclass 186.
What are the fees and processing time for the PR visa from Canada?
The period of time it takes to process your 186 Visa application is determined by the application form you provided. It also relies on whether you have filled out all of the essential information and given all of the necessary documentation. The Australian Visa Subclass 186 requires time to check and validate. The table below will give you an estimate of how long it will take to obtain an Employer Nomination Scheme Visa.
|Name of the Visa||Processing time|
|75% applications approx.||90% applications approx.|
|Direct Entry Stream||6 Months||11 Months|
|Labour Entry Stream||7 Months||11 Months|
|Temporary Residence Transition Stream||14 Months||19 Months|
Cost of Visa processing
The primary applicant’s application fee for the Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Subclass 186 is AUD $4,240. There is a separate fee for each consecutive admission of qualified family members.
- If the dependent is 18 years and above, an additional processing cost of AUD $2,120 is applied.
- If the dependent is 18 years and below, an additional processing cost of AUD $1,060 is applied.
- Biometrics and Medical examinations roughly cost AUD $60 and AUD $350 respectively.
The cost of processing a Subclass 189 visa might fluctuate without prior notification from the government.
Why we are best immigration consultants in Delhi for Canada?
Province immigration is not only an Immigration consultants ,we are the Best immigration Consultants in Delhi for Canada .We work with 100%Transparency to give you 100% Success along with Experience, Expertise and excellence , this is what makes us the Best immigration consultant in Delhi for as well as pan- India level. Below are some points that made us the best immigration consultant –
- Processing fee –We don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based fee plan.
- Working Days–We work 7 days for our clients.
- Scope of services–We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
- Refund- We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 60% of our Processing fee.
- Complementary Services- Your visa application is just 50% of settlement in abroad, So we provide complimentary services such as Job Assistance, Resume writing, Ielts training, Post Landing Services.
- Success Rate- We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one of the highest in industry.
- Visa categories- We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
Note: To combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC has granted applicants with incomplete applications an additional 90 days to obtain all the correct documents.