When you are planning to relocate from India then Canada should be your topmost choice. It is not only beautiful in terms of scenery and scenic beauty, but Canada is also a country of beautiful people who are very warm and accept foreigners. Lenient Immigration laws and friendly policies have made it one of the topmost locations in the world to settle. In addition, with employment opportunities for almost every profession, Canada has become a land of individual and professional growth where opportunities are plentiful. While still viewed as a developed country, Canada has welcomed skilled immigrants from all over the world and provided them not only with lucrative jobs but also an improved standard of living. The large and steadily growing economy of the North American nation ensures that there is a constant need for skilled migrants who can expect a range of derived benefits as citizens of the country.
Why moving to Canada is the best option for Indians?
Canada is set to welcome more than one million newcomers into the country between 2020 and 2022. In total, Canada has prepared to admit approximately 1,053,000 new permanent residents over the next three-year time interval. The admission target for 2020 has been set at 341,000, with around 351,000 more to obtain permanent residency in 2021 and a further 361,000 in 2022.
The majority of these new admissions (approximately 58%) are admitted as economic immigrants through Canada’s major economic immigration programs like the Express Entry program, PNPs – Provincial Nominee Program, QSWP – Quebec Skilled Workers Program, AIPP – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, etc.
Following are some of the major reasons that make Canada the top-most choice for the Indians:
- Safe and Sound – Canada has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. 9.7/10 in OECD Better Life Index for safety and security.
- Highly Focused on the Educational System – Canadian government spends more capital on education than any country in the world. This creates a skilled workforce that offers great career opportunities
- Universal Healthcare – Canada has one of the most accessible healthcare in the world. Medical treatments are mostly free and are funded by the federal government. Provincial governments are also given a healthy budget and issue health cards to their residents.
- Economic Strength – Canada’s banking system is the foundation of its strong and secure economy and has been voted the most stable in the world for seven consecutive years by the World Economic Forum. This financial security allows Canada to offer a good quality of life to the vast majority of its residents and has the second-highest standard of living of any G20 country.
How to settle in Canada from India?
As stated above, the immigration process to Canada is points-based. There are many immigration routes to settle in Canada from India.
Some of the main immigration programs are as follows:
Express Entry Program:
Introduced in 2015, the Express Entry program is the main source for skilled immigrants in Canada. It manages the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for Canada PR visas through the following three federal immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
It uses a ranking system – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that ranks the profiles in the express entry pool based on their CRS score. Points are awarded to the express entry profiles based on the candidate’s credentials like age, language proficiency, work experience, etc.
The highest-ranked profiles are then issued ITAs – Invitation to Apply to submit their application for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada through frequently held express entry draws.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP):
Every province in Canada has this immigration program that allows them to nominate skilled candidates for permanent residency in their respective provinces. Every PNP has its requirements that are based on the demands of its local labour market. These requirements can vary from having a job-offer letter to having work experience in an occupation that is in demand in the province.
Express Entry candidates can also apply for a provincial nomination through an “enhanced” stream under PNP that allows the province to search for the candidates in the federal government’s express entry pool. A major boost of 600 CRS points is given to express entry candidates who can get a provincial nomination certificate.
PNPs are increasingly getting more famous among Indians as it provides an easier immigration pathway to Canada PR visas than the express entry program if the candidate can meet the eligibility criteria of the PNP.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP):
The French province of Canada has an immigration program that allows them to select the candidates who will be easily able to adjust to the daily life in the province and help in the economic development also. These candidates are required to get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which shows the candidate has been selected to live in the province as a permanent resident. With the CSQ, candidates can submit their application for a Canada PR Visa to the IRCC.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
Canada’s Atlantic provinces have an immigration program that allows them to nominate qualified and capable immigrants for permanent residence in the province. This is an immigration pilot program that was launched in 2017 to invite 7,000 immigrants to Atlantic Canada by 2020. The Atlantic region of Canada includes Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Labrador.
Note: AIPP has now made a permanent immigration program for the Atlantic region of Canada.
Family Sponsorship Program:
The Canadian government offers several ways to allow this dream to come true thanks to its family class sponsorship class. Family group sponsorship programs in Canada are the pillar of Canada’s immigration policies. After all, the Canadian government is committed to keeping families together as much as possible.
Several relationships are eligible for sponsorship under the family sponsorship program that includes spouses and common-law partners, parents and grandparents, and dependent children.
People of average net worth with appropriate entrepreneurial experience may be eligible for one of the many provincial entrepreneur programs. Some of these provincial entrepreneur programs are:
- British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration
- Manitoba Business Investor Stream
- Ontario Entrepreneurs Stream
What is the process of moving to Canada from India?
Following are the simple and easy steps that will allow you to move to Canada from India in 2020:
- Take the IELTS examination and get your ECA Certificate
- Create an Express Entry profile
- Create an account in Job Bank (Optional)
- Apply for Provincial Nomination (Optional)
- Get your ITA
- Submit your application for Canada PR Visa with medical test results and PCC
- Visa Stamping
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates June 1, 2023
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023 May 25, 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry? May 24, 2023
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree May 12, 2023
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC May 11, 2023
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427 May 10, 2023
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers May 9, 2023
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants May 3, 2023
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates! April 28, 2023
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide April 27, 2023
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023! April 21, 2023
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany April 20, 2023
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC? April 17, 2023
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant! April 15, 2023
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL! April 13, 2023
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel! April 13, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa April 11, 2023
- Unlocking The Benefits Of Germany Job Seeker Visa: A Step-By-Step Guide April 8, 2023
- Biggest express entry draws in March April 6, 2023
- General draw to invite 175 candidates to British Columbia April 5, 2023
- TOP 10 IN-DEMAND SKILLS TO GET A JOB IN CANADA, 2023 April 4, 2023
- DIFFERENT AUSTRALIAN VISA STREAMS! April 1, 2023
- IRCC INVITES 7000 CANDIDATES FROM ALL PROGRAM EXPRESS ENTRY 2023 March 30, 2023
- TOP 4 IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS FOR YOU TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA! March 29, 2023
- THE BIGGEST ALL-PROGRAM EXPRESS ENTRY INVITES 7000 CANDIDATES! – 2023 March 24, 2023
- Total 667 candidates were invited in latest Express Entry – PNP only draw conducted by IRCC March 6, 2023
- Canada Breaks Record By Welcoming International Students over 550,000 February 22, 2023
- 3 provinces invited in the latest draw PNP draw. February 20, 2023
- PNP Latest Draw ￼￼ February 16, 2023
- Why is it important to submit Express Entry Profile in pool at earliest February 16, 2023
- Latest PNP Draw- 11th February 2023 February 13, 2023
- Latest Canada PNP Draw – February 5th, 2023 February 6, 2023
- PTE will now be accepted as a valid English test by IRCC for Canada Immigration Process February 6, 2023
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼ January 3, 2023
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued November 24, 2022