When you are planning to relocate from India then Canada should be your topmost choice. It is not only beautiful in terms of scenery and scenic beauty, but Canada is also a country of beautiful people who are very warm and accept foreigners. Lenient Immigration laws and friendly policies have made it one of the topmost locations in the world to settle. In addition, with employment opportunities for almost every profession, Canada has become a land of individual and professional growth where opportunities are plentiful. While still viewed as a developed country, Canada has welcomed skilled immigrants from all over the world and provided them not only with lucrative jobs but also an improved standard of living. The large and steadily growing economy of the North American nation ensures that there is a constant need for skilled migrants who can expect a range of derived benefits as citizens of the country.
Why moving to Canada is the best option for Indians?
Canada is set to welcome more than one million newcomers into the country between 2020 and 2022. In total, Canada has prepared to admit approximately 1,053,000 new permanent residents over the next three-year time interval. The admission target for 2020 has been set at 341,000, with around 351,000 more to obtain permanent residency in 2021 and a further 361,000 in 2022.
The majority of these new admissions (approximately 58%) are admitted as economic immigrants through Canada’s major economic immigration programs like the Express Entry program, PNPs – Provincial Nominee Program, QSWP – Quebec Skilled Workers Program, AIPP – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, etc.
Following are some of the major reasons that make Canada the top-most choice for the Indians:
- Safe and Sound – Canada has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. 9.7/10 in OECD Better Life Index for safety and security.
- Highly Focused on the Educational System – Canadian government spends more capital on education than any country in the world. This creates a skilled workforce that offers great career opportunities
- Universal Healthcare – Canada has one of the most accessible healthcare in the world. Medical treatments are mostly free and are funded by the federal government. Provincial governments are also given a healthy budget and issue health cards to their residents.
- Economic Strength – Canada’s banking system is the foundation of its strong and secure economy and has been voted the most stable in the world for seven consecutive years by the World Economic Forum. This financial security allows Canada to offer a good quality of life to the vast majority of its residents and has the second-highest standard of living of any G20 country.
How to settle in Canada from India?
As stated above, the immigration process to Canada is points-based. There are many immigration routes to settle in Canada from India.
Some of the main immigration programs are as follows:
Express Entry Program:
Introduced in 2015, the Express Entry program is the main source for skilled immigrants in Canada. It manages the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for Canada PR visas through the following three federal immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
It uses a ranking system – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that ranks the profiles in the express entry pool based on their CRS score. Points are awarded to the express entry profiles based on the candidate’s credentials like age, language proficiency, work experience, etc.
The highest-ranked profiles are then issued ITAs – Invitation to Apply to submit their application for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada through frequently held express entry draws.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP):
Every province in Canada has this immigration program that allows them to nominate skilled candidates for permanent residency in their respective provinces. Every PNP has its requirements that are based on the demands of its local labour market. These requirements can vary from having a job-offer letter to having work experience in an occupation that is in demand in the province.
Express Entry candidates can also apply for a provincial nomination through an “enhanced” stream under PNP that allows the province to search for the candidates in the federal government’s express entry pool. A major boost of 600 CRS points is given to express entry candidates who can get a provincial nomination certificate.
PNPs are increasingly getting more famous among Indians as it provides an easier immigration pathway to Canada PR visas than the express entry program if the candidate can meet the eligibility criteria of the PNP.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP):
The French province of Canada has an immigration program that allows them to select the candidates who will be easily able to adjust to the daily life in the province and help in the economic development also. These candidates are required to get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which shows the candidate has been selected to live in the province as a permanent resident. With the CSQ, candidates can submit their application for a Canada PR Visa to the IRCC.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
Canada’s Atlantic provinces have an immigration program that allows them to nominate qualified and capable immigrants for permanent residence in the province. This is an immigration pilot program that was launched in 2017 to invite 7,000 immigrants to Atlantic Canada by 2020. The Atlantic region of Canada includes Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Labrador.
Note: AIPP has now made a permanent immigration program for the Atlantic region of Canada.
Family Sponsorship Program:
The Canadian government offers several ways to allow this dream to come true thanks to its family class sponsorship class. Family group sponsorship programs in Canada are the pillar of Canada’s immigration policies. After all, the Canadian government is committed to keeping families together as much as possible.
Several relationships are eligible for sponsorship under the family sponsorship program that includes spouses and common-law partners, parents and grandparents, and dependent children.
People of average net worth with appropriate entrepreneurial experience may be eligible for one of the many provincial entrepreneur programs. Some of these provincial entrepreneur programs are:
- British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration
- Manitoba Business Investor Stream
- Ontario Entrepreneurs Stream
What is the process of moving to Canada from India?
Following are the simple and easy steps that will allow you to move to Canada from India in 2020:
- Take the IELTS examination and get your ECA Certificate
- Create an Express Entry profile
- Create an account in Job Bank (Optional)
- Apply for Provincial Nomination (Optional)
- Get your ITA
- Submit your application for Canada PR Visa with medical test results and PCC
- Visa Stamping
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼ January 3, 2023
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued November 24, 2022
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect November 2, 2022
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020 October 27, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates October 13, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued September 29, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #231 September 15, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750. September 1, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July August 18, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued August 5, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued July 22, 2022
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume July 7, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #225 June 23, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates June 9, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #223 May 26, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw May 12, 2022
- Express Entry Draw #221 – 27 April 2022 April 28, 2022
- FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in July – IRCC April 23, 2022
- Express Entry: 787 PNP candidates invited April 14, 2022
- Express Entry Draw: Canada Invited 919 PNP Candidates March 31, 2022
- Express Entry Draw: 924 candidates are Invited March 17, 2022
- 35,000 immigrants landed in Canada March 16, 2022
- Canada invited 1,047 Express Entry candidates March 3, 2022
- Canada eyes on achieving 4,01,000 immigration goals April 3, 2021
- Latest Express Entry CEC Draw 2021 April 2, 2021
- Quebec latest PNP Draw 2021 April 2, 2021
- Latest Alberta PNP Draw 2021 March 31, 2021
- Nova Scotia invites French speaking candidates March 30, 2021
- Manitoba PNP latest draw 2021 March 27, 2021
- Saskatchewan latest Draw PNP 2021 March 26, 2021
- Latest British Columbia PNP Draw 2021 March 25, 2021
- Latest Express Entry CEC Draw 2021 March 19, 2021
- Latest PEI PNP Draw 2021 March 19, 2021
- Express Entry latest Draw 2021 March 18, 2021
- British Columbia PNP Draw 2021 March 17, 2021