Nova Scotia PNP program 2023
Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination Program (NSNP) is one of the Canadian provincial nominee programs. NSNP allows the province of Nova Scotia to nominate skilled workers to settle in the province as permanent residents. This helps the province sustain its economic growth and meet the demands of its local labour market.
How to get nominated from Nova Scotia PNP?
There are two ways for you to get nominated from NSNP:
- The first is via directly applying for a provincial nomination in the immigration office of the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI). Once they are nominated, they have to create an express entry profile and reflect their nomination on their profile.
- The second way is to first create an express entry profile and then submit your expression of interest (EOI) and select Nova Scotia as the province you want to move into. Once the candidates are nominated they are awarded 600 CRS points. These many points are enough for the candidates to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Citizenship & Immigration of Canada (CIC) and apply for a Canada PR Visa. Check your CRS score with our CRS calculator.
What are the different immigration streams under NSNP?
Nova Scotia invites international students, skilled workers, and experienced businessmen through its different immigration streams. Here are the Nova Scotia PNP immigration streams:
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream
Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
This immigration is an “enhanced” PNP immigration stream which means this stream is in line with the federal government’s Express entry program. Through this stream, Nova Scotia can search for skilled immigrants in the express entry pool. Highly skilled immigrants are selected who want to live in the provinces as permanent residents.
There are two categories under this stream:
- Category A – for applicants with a job offer;
- Category B – for applicants with experience in an opportunity occupation. But the category has been closed by NSNP;
To apply Category A, the following are the eligibility criteria:
- Must have a profile registered in the Express Entry program;
- Get at least 67 points on the stream’s six selection factors;
- Must have a job offer from an eligible employer of the province for full-time skilled work that lasts at least one year after the candidate’s permanent resident visa is issued
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of skilled work experience that is directly related to the job;
- Must have at least a Canadian high school credential or its equivalent;
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 is required;
- Must possess enough financial resources to settle in the province successfully;
Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
This stream selects candidates through the express entry program. Candidates need to meet the following minimum requirements to be nominated through this stream:
- Have at least 1 year of work experience in the province;
- The age must be between 21 to 55 years old;
- Have at least a Canadian high school credential or its equivalent;
- For NOC skill type 0 or skill level A – CLB level 7 OR For NOC skill level B – CLB 4;
- Have a valid express entry profile;
Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
This immigration stream is for skilled express entry candidates who can meet the labour market needs.
To be eligible to apply, the candidate must:
- Get a Letter of Interest (LOI) from NSNP within the express entry system;
- Apply within 30 calendar days of which the LOI was issued;
- Meet the minimum work-experience experiment requirement for the express entry stream;
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish themselves and accompanying family members and pay immigration costs and travel expenses;
- Have legal status in the current country of residence;
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time of LOI issuance;
Skilled Worker Stream
This immigration stream is for skilled workers who have got a job offer from an eligible employer in the province. Immigrants in skilled, semi-skilled, and low-skilled occupations may be eligible to apply.
Following is the minimum requirements to be eligible for this stream:
- Have a full-time permanent job offer from a provincial employer;
- Have at least one year of work experience that is directly related to the job;
- Age must be between 21 to 55 years old;
- Have a high school diploma;
- Have the appropriate training, skills, and/or accreditation for the job;
- For a skilled worker, a minimum CLB level of 5 is required. For semi-skilled and low-skilled, a minimum CLB level 4 is required;
- Show enough financial resources to successfully settle in the province of Nova Scotia;
Experienced businessmen from all over the world who want to buy or invest in a business and settle permanently in Nova Scotia can apply through this stream. The following are the eligibility criteria, for candidates to fulfill:
- Be at least 21 years of age or older;
- Must have the intention to live permanently in the province while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business;
- The minimum net worth of CAD 600,000;
- Be able to make a personal investment of CAD 150,000 to establish a business in the province;
- Must have at least 3 years of work experience for actively managing and owning a business (1/3rd ownership minimum) OR more than 5 years of work experience in a senior business management role;
- Have a score of at least 5 on CLB in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in either English or French;
- Complete an online Expression of Interest (EOI);
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration;
International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
Graduates who have completed at least two years of full-time study from a recognized university or community college of the province, have operated their own business in the province for at least one year, and intend to settle permanently in Nova Scotia can apply under this stream. To apply the candidate must:
- Want to live permanently in the province while owning and managing a provincial business;
- Have a minimum of one year’s continuous experience actively managing and owning a current business (33.3% ownership minimum);
- Have completed a degree or diploma after at least 2 full-time academic years, in-person study at a university in the province of Nova Scotia community college;
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit;
- Must get at least CLB level 7 in speaking, reading, writing, and listening in either English or French;
- Completed an online Expression of Interest;
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration;
This stream is open to internationally-trained general practitioners, family physicians, and specialist physicians with a signed employment offer from Nova Scotia’s healthcare authorities. To apply the candidate must:
- Want to live in the province permanently while owning and managing a Nova Scotia business
- Have a minimum of one year’s continuous experience actively managing and owning a current provincial business (33.3% ownership minimum)
- Have completed a degree or diploma after a minimum 2 academic years of full-time, in-person study at Nova Scotia university or Nova Scotia Community College
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit
- Must have minimum CLB level 7 in reading, listening, speaking, and writing in either English or French
- Receive an ITA from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
What are the occupations in-demand in Nova Scotia?
Here are the high demand occupations in the province of Nova Scotia:
- NOC 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- NOC 1114 – Other financial offers
- NOC 1123 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations
- NOC 1241 – Administrative assistants
- NOC 1311 – Accounting and related clerks
- NOC 2131 – Civil engineers
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 4021 – College and other vocational instructors
- NOC 4211 – Paralegal and related occupations
- NOC 4212 – Social and community service workers
What is the processing time and cost for Nova Scotia PNP?
NSNP immigration streams applications are processed in at least 3 months. The exact processing times per immigration stream are not provided by the NSNP, but you can expect 3 to 6 months for your application to be processed, but it may take longer depending on your case and other factors.
There is no application fee charged by Nova Scotia. However, when you apply for a Canada PR visa to IRCC, there are federal immigration fees that you need to submit. Also, there are other fees that are related to procuring documents.
Why Province Immigration The Best Immigration Consultancy For Canada Immigration In India ?
Province Immigration is The Best Immigration Consultant In Delhi with a 100% transparency to give you 100% success along with Experience, Expertise and Excellence. We also offer job search options to further secure our client’s future in Canada And following are the key reasons makes us The Best Immigration Consultant In Delhi
- Processing fee –we don’t charge huge money on the name of sending you abroad, Very affordable and success based.
- Working Days–We work 7 days for our clients.
- Scope of services–We work with you for End to End Process and support you throughout.
- Refund- We at Province immigration do our best to give you a positive result,Yet if an application gets rejected we will refund 100% of our Processing fee.
- Complementary Services- Your visa application is just 50% of settlement in abroad, So we provide complimentary services such as Job Assistance, Resume writing, Ielts training, Post Landing Services.
- Success Rate- We have a success rate of close to 100%, Which is one of the highest in the industry.
- Visa categories- We apply in multiple visa categories to confirm your invitation from your dream Country without any extra charge.
"A big Thanks to my Case Officer at Province Immigration, for being such a great help in Getting the PR Visa for Canada. I am quite happy that I contacted Province Immigration for Immigration Help. They are really professional people with exceptional client service ethics. I would say they are the best people for Canada Immigration. I recommend them highly to all the people looking for immigration to Canada. Great service!"
MANVIR SINGH (AMRITSAR, PUNJAB)
Canada PR Visa