Netherlands Tourist Visa
Table of Content
The Netherlands is rich in culture, heritage, and unparalleled charm. The Netherlands is not as smoke-filled as many think, with its meandering canals and vibrant landscapes. Most visitors only allow enough time to spend in Amsterdam. Visit the lowlands also.
During the 180-day validity term of the Netherlands Tourist Visa, you can travel across the Netherlands and other Schengen countries.
What is the Netherlands Tourist Visa?
Another name for the Netherlands Tourist Visa is the short-stay Schengen Visa. It gives you a maximum of 90 days—or 180 days—to spend in the Netherlands.
Countries Within the Schengen Area
Types of Travel Visas to the Netherlands
Airport Transit Visa
An airport transit visa may be required if you are changing flights at a Dutch airport.
You can stay in the Netherlands for up to 90 days if you have a short-stay visa, sometimes known as a Schengen visa. It is valid in all Schengen nations in addition to the Netherlands.
You may require a long-stay visa if you want to remain in the Netherlands for more than ninety days. Permission for temporary stay (MVV) is another term for this.
You may require a Caribbean visa if you want to go to any of the Caribbean regions of the Netherlands. You may go to Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, St. Eustatius, and St. Maarten with this.
You can apply for visa facilitation if you wish to travel to or join a family member who is a citizen of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland while they are in the Netherlands.
Return Visafor foreigners who must fly overseas immediately but do not have a legal residency permit.
Dutch Start-Up Visa
for company owners wishing to establish a presence in the Netherlands. One kind of residency permit is this one.EU/EEA nationals do not need a visitor visa or a residency permit in order to enter the Netherlands.
The Dutch government has reciprocal agreements with a number of nations. As a result, people from certain countries can visit the Netherlands without a visa.
Individuals from these nations are permitted to enter the Netherlands without a visitor’s visa and remain there for ninety days during a 180-day period. To remain longer, though, they will have to submit an application for a resident permit.
Eligibility for the Netherlands Visitor Visa
You will be required to fulfill the following to apply for the Netherlands Tourist Visa.
- Completed application form
- 2 passport-size photographs
- A valid passport with validity extending the duration of your stay in the country by 3 months
- Proof of flight bookings, hotel bookings, and detailed plans of your activities during the stay
- Copy of the return ticket flight reservation confirmation
- Covering letter stating the purpose of your visit and detailed itinerary
- Proof of adequate funds to support travel and stay in the country
- Proof of accommodation for the stay in the Netherlands
- Recent bank statements for the last 6 months
- Proof of having valid insurance
- Invitation letter from a sponsor or any family member if applicable
Documents are Required for the Netherlands Visa
The following documents are required for your Dutch Visa.
- Your valid passport.
- Two passport-size color photos.
- Proof of planned travel including reservations with a travel agent.
- Proof of travel health insurance covering the value of at least 30,000 Euros in the Schengen area.
- Documents providing your reason for returning to your home country.
- Documents demonstrating the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial independence or support during your stay in the Netherlands.
Apply for the Netherlands Tourist Visa
The steps that have to be followed while applying for a Schengen Visa are:
- Step 1: Find out the Schengen Visa type you need
- Step 2: Check the right place for you to apply for the visa application.
- Step 3: Find a suitable day and time to apply and start the visa process.
- Step 4: Book your appointment with the Consulate or the Embassy.
- Step 5: Complete the Schengen Visa application form
- Step 6: Gather all required documents
- Step 7: Attend the visa interview
- Step 8: Pay your visa fee
- Step 9: Wait for receiving confirmation from the consulate or the embassy on your visa approval.
Cost of a Tourist Visa to the Netherlands
Schengen Visa Fee Charges
|Type of Visa
|Schengen Visa Single Entry (90 Days)
|Schengen Visa Multiple Entry (90 Days)
|Schengen Visa Children 6-12 Years (90 Days)
|Schengen Visa Children 0-6 Years (90 Days)
|Transit Visa (Ages 12 Years & Above)
|Transit Visa Children (6-12 Years)
|Transit Visa Children (0-6 Years)
What is the Processing Time for the Netherlands Tourist Visa?
After submitting the application, it typically takes between 10 and 15 days to acquire the Netherlands tourist visa. It could occasionally arrive sooner or later.
Keep these things in mind
- If this is your first time applying, you might need to go in person to the visa center.
- Comparing the Schengen Visa application process to that of visas for France, Spain, and other EU nations reveals a few more steps involved.
Before applying, make sure that all necessary paperwork is in order. Arrange your trip.
How Province Immigration Can Help You?
- Profile Evaluation: We check your particular profile history with the criteria for visa eligibility and advise you as to which visas you need to apply for.
- Resume Writing: We assist you in preparing a CV that attracts the attention of the relevant immigration authority.
- Obtaining documents: Assist you in gathering the paperwork required to apply for a visa.
- professional direction: We are always here to help you, whether it be with interview preparation, French/English classes, working samples for resumes and cover letters, or help with application forms, medical clearance certificates, or police clearance certificates.
- Dedicated Case Officer: Throughout the process, we provide you with individualized support and serve as the company’s primary point of contact.
- Post-Landing Services: After you’ve gotten your visa, we assist you in settling down in the nation. These services are specially tailored to meet your needs. With Province Immigration, you can anticipate a one-stop solution for all of your visa needs, including profile evaluation, documentation, application preparation, and post-visa services.