Malaysia tourist visa
Since March 2016, Malaysia has been offering the Malaysia Electronic Visa for Indian nationals. Indians may now go to Malaysia much more easily thanks to this. Nevertheless, visitors who want to remain in Malaysia for fewer than 30 days are the only ones eligible for the tourist visa.
The Malaysia Sticker Visa, also known as the Stamp Visa, must be obtained from the Malaysian Embassy for visitors who want to stay in Malaysia for six months or longer. The Malaysia Sticker Visa application process is significantly more involved than it is for the Malaysia eVisa.
What is a Malaysia tourist visa?
A tourist visa for Malaysia is a document that allows a foreign individual to enter the nation for a set period of time.
You may apply for a Malaysian visa in two different methods.
- Applying online is possible.
- Alternatively, you can apply in person at the Malaysian Representative Office in your home nation.
All countries throughout the globe, excluding Singapore and Malaysia, are eligible to apply for a Visa .
Check Your Eligibility
Eligibility for a Malaysia Visa
The Visa without Reference, or VTR, is another name for the Malaysia Tourist Visa. At the gazetted entry points, social visit permits would be issued to all foreign tourists entering Malaysia.
For the following reasons, you can travel to Malaysia:
- Visiting Relatives
- Attending Meetings
- Attending Conferences
- Attending Seminars
- Journalism / Reporting
- Inspection of Factories
- Signing Agreements
- Auditing Company Accounts
- Surveying Investment Opportunities
- Setting Up Factories
- Student Visa on Goodwill Missions
- Sitting for Examinations
- Other Approved Purposes
Eligibility Requirements of Malaysia Visitor Visas
The Malaysia eNTRI Visa
An online registration and visa waiver service is called Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI). This makes it easier for Indian nationals to enter Malaysia on vacation.
Upon arrival in Malaysia, the eNTRI Note must be produced as evidence of registration.
Conditions and Terms for Obtaining an eNTRI Visa
- Indian citizens and Indian nationals living abroad, with the exception of Singapore, can utilize the eNTRI function.
- This is a single-entry visa that allows you to remain for 15 days. The eNTRI Note is issued with a three-month validity period.
- Make sure you pay online for an eNTRI visa.
- Holders of Indian eNTRI Notes are advised to travel directly from India to Malaysia, or via air and land through Singapore, Thailand, or Brunei.
- Holders of eNTRI Notes who are living overseas (except Singapore) are able to enter and exit Malaysia from any nation.
- Indian expatriates are required to disclose their long-term pass information, employment details, and professional business or technical category.
- Holders of eNTRI visas must have validated tickets prior to visiting Malaysia.
- Before eNTRI Noteholders may re-register for this Visa Waiver Program, there is a 45-day cooling-off period.
Single & Multiple Entry Malaysia eVisas
For visitors wishing to travel to Malaysia, the process of obtaining a visa is rather straightforward. Since this was implemented, there has been a significant increase in the number of visitors visiting the nation.
You must print out the Malaysia eVisa on paper and bring it with you in addition to your passport.
Depending on your travel itinerary and the objective of your visit, you can apply for any one of these:
- 30-day Single Entry eVisa (SEV)
- 30-day Multiple Entry eVisa (MEV)
The validity of these two visas is 30 days from the date of issuance. You are able to travel to and from any country in Malaysia.
Malaysia Sticker Visa or Stamp Visa
For those who intend to stay in the nation for more than thirty days, this is the best option for a Malaysian visa. You can enter and remain in Malaysia for up to a year with a Sticker or Stamp Visa.
Compared to the eVisa, the Malaysia Sticker Visa application process is a little more involved.
Malaysia Transit Pass
Indian nationals can fly into Malaysian airports with a Transit Without Visa (TWOV). Holders of transit visas are only permitted a 5-day (120-hour) maximum stay in Malaysia. Nonetheless, it is only utilized briefly and in an emergency.
The transit pass for Malaysia cannot be extended.
Requirements to Use the Malaysia Transit Pass
- The candidate has to come and go from the same location.
- The candidate must have a confirmed ticket for the next stop.
- It is necessary to give all the documentation needed for the next location.
- Verification of enough cash, debit, or credit card funds.
Visas from the Countries Mentioned Below are Valid
United States of America
Visa on Arrival (VOA) in Malaysia
If you are travelling from India, you are not eligible for a Visa on Arrival in Malaysia.
To be qualified, you must be travelling to Malaysia from one of these three nations.
The validity of the Singapore-Thailand-Indonesia Visa on Arrival is limited to seven days and cannot be extended.
Requirements for Malaysian Visa on Arrival:
- It is necessary for you to enter Malaysia through a third nation.
- A valid visa from the nation where you are entering Malaysia should be in your possession.
- The candidate must have a confirmed ticket for the return trip.
- For the candidate to demonstrate financial credibility, they need to have $1,000 in cash.
- To demonstrate that you are travelling from a certain nation, you must present your tickets or boarding permit.
Foreign Nationals Eligible for eVisa
Documents Required for a Malaysia Tourist Visa
Regarding these guidelines, the Malaysian government is quite stringent. Make sure you include all required documentation with your visa application.
Documents required for the Malaysia Tourist Visa as per categories are as follows –
Documents for the Malaysia eNTRI Note
- A Recent Photograph
- Confirmed Return Flight Ticket
- Proof of Accommodation
You will be required to present the following additional documents upon arrival in Malaysia.
- Printed Copy of the Approved eNTRI Note
- Boarding Pass
- Proof of Sufficient Funds
- Complete Travel Documents and itinerary
Documents with Single and multiple-entry eVisas
- Application Form
- Soft Copy of Passport Size Photo
- Stamped Pages of Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Flight Ticket
- Accommodation Details
Documents with Malaysia Sticker Visa
- Visa Application Form
- Original Passport
- 2 Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Confirmed Return Air Tickets
- NOC for Minors
Documents with Malaysia Transit Pass
- Form IMM 47
- Valid Passport
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Flight Ticket
- Proof of Funds
Documents for Visa on Arrival (VOA) in Malaysia
If you are traveling from India, you are not eligible for a Visa on Arrival in Malaysia. Only those traveling to Malaysia from Singapore, Thailand, or Indonesia would qualify.
Prepare the necessary paperwork so you may get a visa for Malaysia upon arrival.
- A legitimate visa from a different nation.
- Return or onward travel ticket
- Have a Visa on Arrival charge of $100 and
- Possess at least $1,000.
Furthermore, Visa on Arrival cannot be renewed and has a limited validity of 7 days.
Apply for a Malaysia Tourist Visa
The Malaysia Visa application procedure follows this protocol-
- Determining the purpose of the visit
- Providing information in the relevant application form
- Attaching documents required for the specified visa
- Application along with the requisite fee
- Processing the visa application
- Visa Confirmation
Cost of a Malaysia Tourist Visa
Your Malaysia Visa fee can be either paid online or through demand drafts favoring the High Commission of Malaysia in India.
Application Fees for Malaysia Visas
Free of Charge
Visa on Arrival
Processing Time for a Malaysia Tourist Visa
Your Malaysia tourist visa will normally take four to eight business days to complete. Applying online, however, will result in the processing of your eNTRI visa in 48 to 72 hours.
It takes time to process your visa application by hand. However, the majority of the time, your Malaysian visa is processed in 7–8 working days.
How Can Province Immigration Help You?
- Profile Evaluation: We check your particular profile history with the criteria for visa eligibility and advise you as to which visas you need to apply for.
- Resume Writing: We assist you in preparing a CV that attracts the attention of the relevant immigration authority.
- Obtaining documents: Assist you in gathering the paperwork required to apply for a visa.
- professional direction: We are always here to help you, whether with interview preparation, French/English classes, working samples for resumes and cover letters, or with application forms, medical clearance certificates, or police clearance certificates.