Canada Latest Study Permit
Canada’s immigration minister: 56,000 study permits approved in first stage
Canada’s immigration minister Marco Mendicino provided an international student update on September 22, 2020
Immigration minister Marco Mendicino provided an international student upgrade during a webinar today. Canada latest study permit opens many doors for new immigrants for studying in Canada.
Mendicino stated that Canada has issued 56,000 first phase approvals for study permit applications.
The ministry confirmed that the federal government, headed by Health Canada, has been work with designated learning associations to identify how they are able to physically welcome foreign students on their campuses during the coronavirus pandemic.
Based on Mendicino, Minister Patty Hajdu is currently working to ensure each designated learning establishment (DLI) has met the public health requirements of the state and territory they’re located. This approach will protect health and safety of international students and Canadian students.
Some DLIs have indicated an interest in welcoming international students throughout the pandemic. However, due to Canada’s travel restrictions, most international students are currently unable to go to the nation.
The talks between Health Canada, provinces, territories, and DLIs are aimed at identifying whether DLIs may safely form quarantine and socially distancing programs that would empower them to possibly welcome international students in the forthcoming months. Under Canadian law, most travelers must pay for 14 days instantly upon coming to Canada.
In the meantime, Canada has announced a range of major policy reforms to enable international students to pursue their own Canadian research amid the pandemic. One of the reforms, Canada declared a peer-reviewed study permit process at the summer to provide students certainty so that they can start their studies while abroad.
In addition, international students can study online while abroad but still be able to work in Canada under a Post-Graduation Work License (PGWP) once the pandemic is over.
The research revealed that 56,000 international students are approved for a study permit under point one up to now. This usually means that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has provided pupils with approval after reviewing each candidate’s letter of acceptance from a DLI, proof of capital they can encourage themselves and their studies favorably, among other standards.
After the students are able to travel to Canada, they will need to complete a medical examination, criminal history check, and biometrics in order to acquire stage two study license approval.
Mendicino delivered the comments during a webinar hosted by the Canadian International Council, that’s an organization which brings Canadians together to explore foreign affairs issues.
Mendicino made certain to affirm Canada’s ongoing commitment to welcoming immigrants, international students, and worldwide talent generally.
“I steadfastly believe that immigration will play a very important role in our market, as it has in recent years.”
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!