Ontario invites 1,186 Express Entry candidates in first Tech Draw of 2021
Ontario held a new PNP draw inviting Express Entry candidates with work experience on one of six technician occupations
Ontario held a new draw on February 16, inviting 1,186 immigration candidates with work experience in the technology sector to apply for a provincial nomination. Ontario PNP latest tech draw 2021.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued the invitations to Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores between 453 and 467. The OINP issued invitations to candidates who might be entitled to a nomination under the Human Capital Priorities stream.
Invited candidates will need to demonstrate that they have qualified work experience in one of the targeted jobs, so as to get the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) nomination. These six jobs include these :
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147);
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172);
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173);
- Computer programmer and interactive media developers (NOC 2174); or
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175).
Those who received an invitation currently have 45 calendar days to submit their application for the PNP.
Those who receive the nomination from Ontario will automatically receive an additional 600 CRS points toward their entire score. This increase will effectively guarantee that the successful candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in another Express Entry draw. This goes for anyone who receives a provincial nomination from any PNP.
That is Ontario’s first Tech Draw of this year. The previous Individual Capital Priorities draw invited Express Entry applicants in targeted occupations, particularly in finance, and health jobs, amongst others. This past year, Ontario invited 6,716 Express Entry applicants to apply for a provincial nomination through the Human Capital Priorities stream. This was the most significant proportion of all the Express-Entry linked PNP nominations which Ontario issued in 2020.
How to get an invitation from Ontario as a tech worker
The first step is to create a profile in Canada’s Express Entry program .
Express Entry is an application management system for three federal economic-class immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Expertise Course .
The OINP Tech Draws pull out of the Express Entry pool of applicants, inviting qualified tech workers to apply for a provincial nomination. Ontario PNP latest tech draw 2021.
Applying for a provincial nomination is not the same as applying for Canadian immigration. If encouraged candidates successfully get the provincial nomination out of Ontario, they can then use it in order to apply for permanent residence in the national government.
As soon as they are approved by the national authorities, these new permanent residents will get to settle in their careers in Ontario.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates