Ontario invites 1,186 Express Entry candidates in first Tech Draw of 2021
Ontario held a new PNP draw inviting Express Entry candidates with work experience on one of six technician occupations
Ontario held a new draw on February 16, inviting 1,186 immigration candidates with work experience in the technology sector to apply for a provincial nomination. Ontario PNP latest tech draw 2021.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued the invitations to Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores between 453 and 467. The OINP issued invitations to candidates who might be entitled to a nomination under the Human Capital Priorities stream.
Invited candidates will need to demonstrate that they have qualified work experience in one of the targeted jobs, so as to get the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) nomination. These six jobs include these :
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147);
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172);
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173);
- Computer programmer and interactive media developers (NOC 2174); or
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175).
Those who received an invitation currently have 45 calendar days to submit their application for the PNP.
Those who receive the nomination from Ontario will automatically receive an additional 600 CRS points toward their entire score. This increase will effectively guarantee that the successful candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in another Express Entry draw. This goes for anyone who receives a provincial nomination from any PNP.
That is Ontario’s first Tech Draw of this year. The previous Individual Capital Priorities draw invited Express Entry applicants in targeted occupations, particularly in finance, and health jobs, amongst others. This past year, Ontario invited 6,716 Express Entry applicants to apply for a provincial nomination through the Human Capital Priorities stream. This was the most significant proportion of all the Express-Entry linked PNP nominations which Ontario issued in 2020.
How to get an invitation from Ontario as a tech worker
The first step is to create a profile in Canada’s Express Entry program .
Express Entry is an application management system for three federal economic-class immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Expertise Course .
The OINP Tech Draws pull out of the Express Entry pool of applicants, inviting qualified tech workers to apply for a provincial nomination. Ontario PNP latest tech draw 2021.
Applying for a provincial nomination is not the same as applying for Canadian immigration. If encouraged candidates successfully get the provincial nomination out of Ontario, they can then use it in order to apply for permanent residence in the national government.
As soon as they are approved by the national authorities, these new permanent residents will get to settle in their careers in Ontario.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!