- Express Entry program
- Advantages of FSWP
- Minimum requirement for the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Calculate points for FSWP
- 8 simple steps to apply for Canada PR Visa as a skilled immigrant
- Federal Skilled Worker Settlement Funds
- Fee and processing times for Canada PR Visa
- Important FAQs
What is the Express Entry program?
The express entry program allows the federal government of Canada to invite skilled immigrants to apply for Canada PR Visa. It is the fastest immigration program that manages the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for a PR visa through the following federal programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) ranks are the profiles in the pool based on their CRS score. The highest-ranked profiles in the pool issued ITAs in the next round of invitations.
The candidate is required to submit their PR Visa application to IRCC within 60 days of getting an ITA.
What are the advantages of FSWP?
The main advantage of the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) to apply for a Canada PR Visa is as follows:
- To apply for a PR visa through FSWP, a candidate does not require a connection to the country. If the candidate can meet the minimum requirements of the program, it is an excellent option for the candidates living outside of Canada to apply for a Canada PR Visa through this program
- FSWP has the highest percentage of the number of ITAs issued.
What is the minimum requirement for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
To apply for PR Visa through FSWP, a candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Work Experience: The candidate needs to have at least one year of work experience in the past ten years in a skilled occupation that is categorized under NOC skill type 0, A, or B.
- Language Proficiency: The candidate needs to score at least 6 per band in IELTS (Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening).
- Education: The candidate has to complete at least education that is equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma. For the education that is pursued outside of Canada, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required.
- Settlement Funds: Candidate needs to demonstrate that they have efficient funds to support themselves financially.
- The candidate is also required to score a minimum of 67 points in the FSWP point grid.
After meeting all the requirements, candidate can create their online express entry profile. If you get your application submitted into the pool, it does not assure getting an ITA. To get an ITA, they have to clear the latest CRS score cut-off.
How to calculate points for FSWP?
To be eligible for the FSWP, a candidate is required to get at least 67 points out of 100 in the FSWP points assessment grid. Following are the selection factors for PR Visa points:
- Language Proficiency (Maximum 28 points)
- Education (Maximum 25 points)
- Work Experience (Maximum 15 points)
- Age (Maximum 12 points)
- Arranged Employment (Maximum 10 points)
- Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)
After scoring the required 67 points, a candidate can create an express entry profile. If a candidate cannot score the required PR Visa points, they can increase their score with the help of following points:
- Improve language skills;
- Pursue Higher educational qualifications like degree, diploma or certificate;
- Get a job offer from Canada;
- Canada eyes on achieving 4,01,000 immigration goals
- Express Entry CEC Draw 2021
- Quebec latest PNP Draw 2021
- Latest Alberta PNP Draw 2021
- Nova Scotia invites French speaking candidates
- Manitoba PNP latest draw 2021
- Saskatchewan latest Draw PNP 2021
- Latest British Columbia PNP Draw 2021
- Latest Express Entry CEC Draw 2021
- Latest PEI PNP Draw 2021
- Express Entry latest Draw 2021
- British Columbia PNP Draw 2021
- Latest Alberta PNP Draw
- Manitoba PNP Latest Draw
- Latest Saskatchewan PNP Draw 2021
"I had a nice experience with Province Immigration, they explained everything to me properly and assisted me with all the steps required to secure my admission and get my visa. They were always approachable and tended to all my queries/issues properly"
8 simple steps to apply for Canada PR Visa as a skilled immigrant
To apply for Canada PR Visa from India, follow the below simple mentioned steps:
- Check Eligibility: You must make sure that you meet all the minimum requirements of the program.
- Get all the required documents: To create the express profile, candidates have to get the following documents:
- Identification document (like Passport etc.)
- Language test results like the IELTS scorecard
- An ECA Certificate
- Create Express profile: Candidates will be required to submit their credentials and create their express profile.
- Get an ITA: On clearing the latest CRS score cut-off, the candidate will get an ITA. With an ITA, they can submit their application for PR Visa to IRCC within 60 days of getting an invitation.
- Get your medical checkup & PCC: The candidate has to submit a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) with a medical checkup.
- Submit your PR Visa application: The candidate needs to submit a PR Visa application to IRCC. The immigration officer will then assess the application and will let the candidate know if any additional information is required
- Receive CoPR: After getting a successful evaluation of the application, the candidate is issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR)
- Get your Canada PR Card: After getting the CoPR, you get your PR card after arriving at the border.
What are Federal Skilled Worker Settlement Funds?
As mentioned in the minimum requirement for Canada PR visa, the candidate has to show settlement funds to prove that they are financially capable to support themselves or any accompanying family members when they move to Canada.
The following table shows the minimum funds required for PR Visa:
Number of Family Members
Funds Required (In-CAD)
Each additional family member
You can show the proof of funds by an official statement from any financial institution or bank.
What are the fee and processing times for Canada PR Visa?
An ideal application takes 6 to 8 months to get process when applying through FSWP. Application processing time depends on whether the candidate has provided the correct information and the valid documents to support the credentials. The candidate may be required to submit documents again or even the application can also get rejected. That’s why any aspiring immigrant needs to hire an experienced immigration consultant with an expert documentation team.
The following table shows the processing fee for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) :
Right of Permanent Resident Fee
Include spouse or common-law partner (without Right of Permanent Resident Fee)
Include a dependent Child (per child)
Important Links Related To Canada PR
The differences between getting a work permit and skilled worker immigration are as follows.
You have a limited time period for working
Upon immigrating to Canada, you can work in your capacity for a long time
You have to return home after this work permit expires
You can apply through this program for citizenship and immigration Canada after 5 years
You have to apply for another program later
You can get citizenship and immigration without reapplying for another program if you pass
Federal skilled worker program is a Category of Canadian Immigration program for permanent residence while the Express Entry is an online system to apply for a permanent residence through 3 different federal programs.
Federal Skilled Visa
Marks distribution has a minimum score: 67 points
It does not have a minimum score; each factor has its minimum points
Having previous funds is a factor
Funds are not a factor
- You should keep all your documents near you
- Show proof in the application form of your education, skill in an official language, work experience, etc.
- Good credential like age, finance, etc., are important to qualify
- You must attain at least a score of 67 out of 100 in the Federal Skilled Worker grid
- A work permit is not the same as the federal skilled workers’ program
- The eligibility factors you need to get citizenship in Canada
- Types of skilled workers who can apply for this immigration
- The differences between this program and the Express Entry immigration
- The jobs that you can apply for after getting citizenship