Express Entry Draw #226: 1500 EE Candidates are invited
Canada has invited Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) candidates and Canada Experience Class (CEC) after a very long time.
Today’s Express Entry draw invited 1500 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada Immigration.
Now Invited candidates to have 60 days to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Minister’s statement on today’s draw
“Today, I am pleased to announce that Express Entry draws have officially resumed and applications will be processed at our 6-month processing standard. I want to thank the candidates from around the world for their patience, as we worked to reduce the backlog before resuming Express Entry draws. I look forward to welcoming skilled workers who will are essential in addressing Canada’s labor shortages.”
Why the return of All Program Draw is important??
The return of all Program draws is important for several reasons. From its inception in 1967 until 2020, the Federal Skilled Worker Program was the main way Canada welcomes skilled immigrants. Before the pandemic, the FSWP comprised about 45% of those receiving Express Entry ITAs.
The return of the all-program draw is also big news for CEC candidates. The CEC is the primary method of obtaining permanent residency for Canada’s large international student and foreign worker population. The CEC has grown in prominence in recent years as Canada has relied on this pool to achieve its immigration level goals. Before the pandemic, the CEC comprised only 9% of all 341,000 immigrants from Canada’s economic, family, and humanitarian sections combined. Last year, the CEC comprised nearly one-third of the more than 405,000 immigrants who arrived in Canada.
How does Express Entry work?
“Express Entry Isn’t an immigration program itself, but a Program management system for the 3 Applications under the Federal High Skilled Class: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates, proficient workers have to be eligible for these programs. If so, they will get a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which awards points for a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language proficiency in English or French, in addition to other factors.
IRCC subsequently invites the highest-scoring applicants to submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- CELPIP- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
- Get a Job in Canada from India
- Pearson Language Test (PTE) Core
- Canada Tourist Visa to Work Permit
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Designer
- Australia PR Visa: Complete Guide to Permanent Residency
- Canada Occupation List 2024
- National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code
- Canada’s Average Salary & Employment Opportunities
- Requirement Of Proof Of Funds For Canada PR 2024
- Common Myths about Canada’s Express Entry Program
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- What is PPR Canada? How it Affects Canadian Immigration
- Immigrate to Canada as a Software Developer in 2024
- Canada V/S Australia: Which country is better for immigration in 2024?