BC PNP: 216 immigration candidates receive invitations
BC issued invitations to 8 Entrepreneur candidates and another 208 Skilled Worker and International Graduate candidates on February 2
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) held its draw on February 2, 2021. British Columbia new PNP Draw 2021 invites immigrants for provincial nomination.
A total of 208 Licensed Faculties and International Graduate applicants obtained invitations to apply for a provincial nomination under the province’s Express Entry BC (EEBC) along with Skills Immigration categories. The minimum required score for candidates varied by category.
The cut-off scores for Express Entry BC subcategories were :
• Skilled Worker – 104
• International Graduate – 100
Candidates in this class needed to have submitted profiles under Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada’s Express Entry system. As soon as they get their invitation to apply for a provincial nomination from B.C., successful candidates will get an extra 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points that will effectively guarantee that they will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence under IRCC’s Express Entry system.
The cut-off scores for these 3 Accredited Immigration subcategories were :
• Skilled Worker – 98
• International Graduate – 98
• Entry level and semi-skilled – 79
The B.C. government indicated that there was an impact of this coronavirus on the attraction. As has been the case in recent months, B.C. excluded several sales and service occupations in the lure.
B.C. holds attracts via its various PNP classes and flows weekly.
So far this calendar year 740 invitations have been issued with the BC PNP. British Columbia new PNP Draw 2021 invites immigrants for provincial nomination.
To apply for the Skills Immigration or Express Entry BC groups candidates must first create a profile via the BC PNP’s online portal and enroll under its Accredited Immigration Registration System (SIRS).
Applicants are assessed and issued a score based on factors like level of education, job experience, competence in English, and area of job.
What is the Skills Immigration stream?
This pathway to the permanent house is for eligible foreign workers who typically already have a job offer in B.C.
There are five classes under SI, a few of them are aligned with the national administration’s Express Entry system :
- Skilled Worker Category — for most individuals who have a job offer and lots of years of experience in a skilled occupation;
- International Graduate Category — for most employees who have graduated from an eligible Canadian college or university in the previous 3 decades;
- Healthcare Professional Category — doctors, nurses, and psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals with job offers in one of 11 eligible occupations may apply for such a category;
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category — for entry-level or semi-skilled employees with jobs in tourism, hospitality, food processing, or even long-term trucking, or people in co or semi-skilled places working and living at the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia. This is the only SI category that does not apply to applicants at the Express Entry system; and
- International Post-Graduate Category– Master or Ph.D. graduates from eligible B.C. post-secondaries from the natural, applied, or medical sciences can apply for this category with no job offer.
B.C. also encouraged candidates into its own entrepreneur flow for the first time in 2 months. A total of 8 invitations had been issued under the BC PNP’s Entrepreneur Immigration Base Category.
The cut-off score was 122.
The goal of the Base Category would be to welcome based entrepreneurs who wish to begin a company or take over one. Candidates are evaluated based on criteria such as their company expertise, net worth, education, business plan, and the quantity of investment that they plan to create.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Canada PR Without IELTS: Complete Guide for 2024
- CELPIP- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
- Get a Job in Canada from India
- Pearson Language Test (PTE) Core
- Canada Tourist Visa to Work Permit
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Designer
- Australia PR Visa: Complete Guide to Permanent Residency
- Canada Occupation List 2024
- National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code
- Canada’s Average Salary & Employment Opportunities
- Requirement Of Proof Of Funds For Canada PR 2024
- Common Myths about Canada’s Express Entry Program
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- What is PPR Canada? How it Affects Canadian Immigration
- Immigrate to Canada as a Software Developer in 2024
- Canada V/S Australia: Which country is better for immigration in 2024?
- Ontario, British Columbia, and Manitoba invite candidates in this week’s PNP results
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week