British Columbia invites 67 immigration candidates in Tech Pilot draw
Invitations to apply for a provincial nomination were issued to foreign technology workers and global students throughout the BC PNP.
British Columbia invited 67 Express Entry and Licensed Immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence through its Tech Pilot on September 8.
All Tech Pilot candidates encouraged by the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) are required to have a job offer that’s at least one year (365 days) in length in one of their pilot 29 in-demand occupations.
The September 8 draw saw invitations issued to candidates in the Skilled Worker and International Graduate categories of the Express Entry BC (EEBC) along with Skills Immigration flows .Selected candidates in all the sub categories needed a minimal provincial score of 80.
Candidates enrolled under the Express Entry BC classes will be granted an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) if their provincial nomination application is accepted. These points effectively guarantee an Invitation To Employ (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence at a subsequent national Express Entry draw.
Key features of the BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC PNP brings targeted especially at technology employees started in May 2017. The state has a thriving technology industry with some big names of the technology world basing themselves in Canada’s westernmost province.
Along with promoting access to the skills and ability of the state’s employees, the goal of the Tech Pilot is to enable organizations to attract skilled workers from around the world.
The Province of British Columbia has been working to make sure that the presence of technology entrepreneurs and skilled workers from different nations can bring about the development of the technology industry and that this will lead to a greater number of jobs for British Colombians.
BC PNP Tech Pilot Job Offers must be :
♦ for one of the 29 targeted occupations
♦ at least one-year duration
♦ at least 120 days at time of application
Eligible Tech Pilot occupations include :
♦ Telecommunication carriers managers
♦ Database analysts and data administrators
♦ Graphic designers and illustrators
♦ Chemical engineers
According to the BC PNP website, the processing time for many BC PNP applications is 2-3 months from the time they’re received. As with the Tech pilot, applications are generally processed in a shorter quantity of time.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw