Canadian government reveals new immigration priorities
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has provided immigration minister Marco Mendicino with a new mandate letter
Immigration will remain central to Canada’s society and economy. Canada new immigration priorities.
This was emphasized by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in the new supplementary mandate letter he supplied now to immigration minister Marco Mendicino.
The mandate letter is the most important policy document for Canada’s immigration section.
It summarizes the aims which Canada’s prime minister is asking the immigration minister and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to pursue throughout the government’s time in power.
The mandate letter defines crucial problems such as Canada’s Immigration Amounts Plan, which new immigration applications for IRCC to make, enhancing IRCC’s application processing times, among other issues. The launch of this mandate letter comes soon after Canada declared a historic new 2021-2023 Immigration Amounts Plan that will see it target over 400,000 immigrants each year, the greatest in its history.
The new mandate letter supplements the one that Trudeau provided to Mendicino in December 2019.Canada new immigration priorities.
The reason for the new supplementary mandate letter is that the Canadian government started a new session of Parliament in September and it’s meant to integrate new objectives borne from the COVID-19 crisis.
Key priorities outlined in today’s letter include :
♦ Proceed to welcome beginners to encourage Canada’s economic development and post-COVID retrieval by enlarging pilot plans to welcome refugees through economic course immigration streams; expediting family reunification; and functioning on sectoral and regional pilot applications.
♦ Continue to implement steps to supply permanent home pathways to people who have provided health care in long term care homes, medical centers, or who completed other essential services throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
♦ Continue to work with cabinet colleagues to protect the health and safety of Canadians will handling Canada’s ports of entry responsibly and compassionately.
♦ Identify additional permanent residence pathways for temporary foreign workers.
♦ Work with the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion to safeguard workers who are vulnerable to COVID-19 and to fasten workers to fill labour force needs in farming and food processing.
♦ Continue working with Canada’s provinces and territories to provide settlement supports to novices for example French-language training.
The new supplementary letter does not contain any surprises and explicitly outlines goals that the Canadian government has been pursuing during its period in power. It adds to the aims outlined in the December 2019 mandate letter that IRCC proceeds to pursue. The underlying theme of the launch is that Canada will continue to run its immigration system into the very best of its abilities throughout the pandemic therefore it can harness the skills and talents of newcomers to support its economic wellbeing after the pandemic is supporting us.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw
- Which Country Is Better For Indians in 2024: Canada Or UK?
- Complete Guide For Canada CRS Points Calculator: Check Your Score Now