Ontario holds new Tech Draw inviting 772 Express Entry candidates
Ontario’s new PNP draw targets Express Entry candidates with work experience in one of six tech Jobs
Ontario held a new Tech Draw on October 15, inviting Express Entry applicants to apply for a provincial nomination.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who may qualify for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.
A total of 772 principal applicants obtained NOIs in the Tech Draw. Express Entry candidates had a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) rating between 462 and 470 to be able to be invited. In addition they needed to have work experience at a number of the following jobs :
♦ NOC 0213 Computer and information systems managers
♦ NOC 2147 Computer engineers
♦ NOC 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
♦ NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers
♦ NOC 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
♦ NOC 2175 Web designers and developers
Candidates did not need a job offer to receive an invitation, however they needed at least one year of work experience in these tech jobs. They also needed to get a profile in the Express Entry system.
People who obtained the NOI out of Ontario have 45 calendar days to submit their program for the provincial nomination.
If they’re given the nomination out of Ontario they’ll automatically get an additional 600 CRS points toward their entire CRS score. This award will make sure they get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent home in a subsequent Express Entrance draw. This goes for anyone who is nominated under any Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in Canada.
This is Ontario’s fourth largest Tech Draw of this year. The only on July 29 has been the biggest Tech Draw up to now from 2020, when 1,288 Express Entry candidates were encouraged to submit an application for a provincial nomination.
How to get invited for an Ontario Tech Draw
The very first step to become eligible for an invitation through the OINP Tech draw is to make a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system.
Express Entry is an application management program for three federal economic-class immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Class. Ontario’s Human Capital Simulator flow recognizes candidates in the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Canadian Expertise Course.
Express Entry candidates are rated based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on their education, work experience, age, and language proficiency in English or French.
The OINP Tech Draws pull out of the Express Entry pool of applicants, encouraging qualified tech employees to apply for a provincial nomination out of Ontario.
When the procedure is finished, applicants will have the opportunity to settle into their technology careers in Ontario.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- CELPIP- The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
- Get a Job in Canada from India
- Pearson Language Test (PTE) Core
- Canada Tourist Visa to Work Permit
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Designer
- Australia PR Visa: Complete Guide to Permanent Residency
- Canada Occupation List 2024
- National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code
- Canada’s Average Salary & Employment Opportunities
- Requirement Of Proof Of Funds For Canada PR 2024
- Common Myths about Canada’s Express Entry Program
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- What is PPR Canada? How it Affects Canadian Immigration
- Immigrate to Canada as a Software Developer in 2024
- Canada V/S Australia: Which country is better for immigration in 2024?
- Ontario, British Columbia, and Manitoba invite candidates in this week’s PNP results
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa