Ontario holds new Tech Draw inviting 772 Express Entry candidates
Ontario’s new PNP draw targets Express Entry candidates with work experience in one of six tech Jobs
Ontario held a new Tech Draw on October 15, inviting Express Entry applicants to apply for a provincial nomination.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who may qualify for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.
A total of 772 principal applicants obtained NOIs in the Tech Draw. Express Entry candidates had a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) rating between 462 and 470 to be able to be invited. In addition they needed to have work experience at a number of the following jobs :
♦ NOC 0213 Computer and information systems managers
♦ NOC 2147 Computer engineers
♦ NOC 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
♦ NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers
♦ NOC 2174 Computer programmer and interactive media developers
♦ NOC 2175 Web designers and developers
Candidates did not need a job offer to receive an invitation, however they needed at least one year of work experience in these tech jobs. They also needed to get a profile in the Express Entry system.
People who obtained the NOI out of Ontario have 45 calendar days to submit their program for the provincial nomination.
If they’re given the nomination out of Ontario they’ll automatically get an additional 600 CRS points toward their entire CRS score. This award will make sure they get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent home in a subsequent Express Entrance draw. This goes for anyone who is nominated under any Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in Canada.
This is Ontario’s fourth largest Tech Draw of this year. The only on July 29 has been the biggest Tech Draw up to now from 2020, when 1,288 Express Entry candidates were encouraged to submit an application for a provincial nomination.
How to get invited for an Ontario Tech Draw
The very first step to become eligible for an invitation through the OINP Tech draw is to make a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system.
Express Entry is an application management program for three federal economic-class immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Class. Ontario’s Human Capital Simulator flow recognizes candidates in the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Canadian Expertise Course.
Express Entry candidates are rated based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on their education, work experience, age, and language proficiency in English or French.
The OINP Tech Draws pull out of the Express Entry pool of applicants, encouraging qualified tech employees to apply for a provincial nomination out of Ontario.
When the procedure is finished, applicants will have the opportunity to settle into their technology careers in Ontario.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw
- Express Entry Draw #221 – 27 April 2022
- FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in July – IRCC
- Express Entry: 787 PNP candidates invited
- Express Entry Draw: Canada Invited 919 PNP Candidates