Quebec extends immigration targets into 2021
Quebec’s immigration targets for 2021 are comparable to those set last year.
Quebec could welcome between 44,500 and 47,500 immigrants in 2021. Quebec extends immigration to 2021.
The immigration targets for 2021 were announced as a member of their Strategy d’immigration du Québec 2021, released on October 29. This report coincides with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) announcement of its own final plan, which is expected this week and will direct Canada’s immigration preparation for 2021 to 2023.
In 2021, the majority of new admissions to Quebec — 62 per cent — are expected to emerge through the state’s economical immigration programs.
The new Quebec immigration levels represent a slight growth over its 2020 targets when Quebec’s goal was to welcome involving 43,000 and 44,500 immigrants.
Based on estimates in the plan published today, Quebec will acknowledge a maximum of 30,500 immigrants annually, as opposed to the projected maximum of 44,500. The state says travel restrictions and the closure of federal offices and processing centers around the world make it hard to fulfill immigration goals for 2020.
However, the province’s immigration ministry said its aims for 2021 include a rebalancing plan”with the entrance of an additional 7,000 people, representing the deferment of some of the admissions that were not fulfilled in 2020 because of the health crisis.”
As a result of the health crisis, the state estimates the amount of unrealized admissions in 2020 to be between 13,000 and 18,000 but plans to make up the shortfall over the next couple of years. Quebec extends immigration to 2021.
Quebec’s Admissions targets for 2021
For 2021, Quebec has set a selection of involving 27,500 and 29,300 brand new admissions for its economical immigration programs, such as a maximum of 24,200 skilled employees .
The state has also specify a maximum of 4,300 admissions for the business immigration programs, including Quebec’s Entrepreneur App and the Self-Employed Worker App .
Additionally, a maximum of 800 admissions is set for “other economic categories” for example live-in caregivers and others.
Still another 10,200 new permanent inhabitants are expected to arrive through family sponsorship, refugee and other immigration applications.
2021 Quebec Selection Certificate targets
Under the provisions of this Canada-Quebec Accord, Quebec has the capacity to pick all economic class immigrants and particular refugees to the state.
Those selected are awarded a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, or CSQ) and may subsequently apply to Canada’s federal government to get a permanent residence visa.
Quebec’s plan requires 26,500 to 31,200 selection certificates to be issued in 2021, slightly more than its 2020 plan, which called for a range of 20,100 into 24,700.
Nearly all up to 22,400 — goes to skilled employee candidates.
The selection certification targets are as follows :
• Skilled workers: between 19,400 and 22,400
• Business immigrants: between 1,500 and 2,300
• Other economic immigrants: between 400 and 600
• Refugees selected abroad: between 4,400 and 4,700
• Other immigrants: between 800 and 1,200
The goals set for 2021 include applications in process or waiting to be processed at Quebec and in the national level. They also take into account the time it takes for applicants to complete all of the immigration procedures.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa
- Unlocking The Benefits Of Germany Job Seeker Visa: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Biggest express entry draws in March
- General draw to invite 175 candidates to British Columbia