Manitoba invites 189 candidates to apply for nomination
The province has now issued 3,671 Letters of Advice to Apply this year
Manitoba invites 189 candidates invitations for immigration to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) invited skilled workers and international graduates through three immigration teams:
This draw brings the total amount of invitations this season, also called Letters of Advice to Employ (LAAs)up to 3,671.
The LAAs were distributed as follows round the immigration streams, along with their minimum necessary Expression of Interest (EOI) score.
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba — 160 LAAs with a minimum EOI score of at least 464
- Skilled Workers Overseas — 4 LAAs using a minimum EOI rating of 847
- International Education — 25 LAAs with no minimum score required
This was Manitoba’s 99th draw because the program began in April 2014.
Of the LAAs issued today, 18 were issued to candidates who had an Express Entry profile and a job seeker validation code.
Express Entry is the system that the federal government uses to manage permanent residence applications.
To enter the Express Entry pool, candidates must be eligible for one of three economic class immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
Manitoba’s EOI system
If you wish to immigrate to Manitoba, you have to register an Expression of Interest with the MPNP. If you are successful, you will receive an LAA.
Under Manitoba’s EOI system, applicants are ranked out of 1,000 points for numerous factors including the candidate’s work experience, education, English or French language capability, Manitoba connections and other factors.
About Manitoba immigration streams
The Skilled Workers Overseas and Skilled Workers in Manitoba streams are specific to skilled workers and allows the province to nominate them to fill the province’s labor market needs.
If you are applying from overseas, you need to display a connection to Manitoba. This could be family ties, having a friend in the province or demonstrating previous experience in Manitoba. Otherwise, you must receive an invitation under one of the MPNP’s Strategic Recruitment Initiatives.
Successful candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba stream must meet certain criteria, such as having a full-time permanent job offer from an employer in Manitoba.
International students who graduated from an educational institute in Manitoba may receive an LAA under the International Education Stream if they have in-demand skills.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223