How to sponsor your spouse from India
Here is the sponsorship process if your spouse or common-law partner is living in India
Are you interested in finding out how to sponsor your spouse from India for Canadian immigration? Ways can sponsor your spouse from India.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allows Canadian citizens or permanent resident to sponsor their spouses, common-law partners, dependent children and conjugal partners from overseas.
If you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and you are married to someone from India or have lived with that person for one year as common-law spouses, you are able to sponsor him or her for permanent residence (PR) in Canada.
Obtaining PR in Canada will give your spouse from India the chance to live and operate in Canada and let him or her access to healthcare and social services.
There are several important requirements that the two of you will need to meet in order to be qualified for family sponsorship in Canada.
You must first take into consideration the age restriction about sponsors, that must be at least 18 years old.
There is no financial threshold for spousal sponsorship, but you have to show that you have a plan to financially support your household –including the sponsored individual. You can do this by showing that you’ve got enough income, savings, or assets to support everybody in your family unit. Additionally, people receiving social assistance are not eligible for sponsorship unless it’s a result of a handicap.
Your spouse or partner, on the other hand, will be assessed for possible inadmissibility and criminal convictions.
Among the most important steps in the process of having a partner to Canada is to offer the required files to prove that your connection with the sponsored person is real. If you are married, you will have to provide compulsory documents such as a marriage certificate in addition to other documents. Marriages which were legally performed in India are generally legal in Canada. If you’re in a common-law relationship, then you’ll have to provide documented proof of your 12 month cohabitation period in lieu of a marriage certificate.
Even though most files issued in India are in English, in case you have older documents which were issued in Hindi or a different language, you will need to provide a translation of these files. These translations will have to be certified and fulfill IRCC requirements. Ways can sponsor your spouse from India.
If the documents presented are not satisfactory proof of a bona fide connection, or when an officer would love to review updated documents regarding cohabitation or your own relationship continuation whilst living apart, they may ask you for additional information or schedule a meeting with you.”
Remember that the officer who will review your application has discretionary power and files are reviewed on a case-by-case foundation. It’s thus very important that you submit a good sponsorship file and provide as much supporting documentation as possible.
Sponsorship Process in Canada: What You Need to Know
You will need to submit two different application elements together: your own sponsorship section and your spouse’s or partner’s section for permanent resident (PR) status. IRCC requires that the two components be filed together.
You will also have to pay a family sponsorship application fee to IRCC.
You need to make sure you send your program to the correct address. You will find this info in the snowball guide which you can download from the authorities website.
If you’re a Canadian citizen living in India, you can stay there during the process, but you will need to verify that you intend to move to Canada together with your spouse once he or she receives a permanent residence visa. If you’re a Canadian permanent resident, however, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse or partner.
The processing of a sponsorship program by IRCC requires an average of approximately 12 months.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw
- Which Country Is Better For Indians in 2023: Canada Or UK?
- Complete Guide For Canada CRS Points Calculator: Check Your Score Now
- British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba nominate candidates in this week’s PNP results
- Requirement Of Proof Of Funds For Canada PR 2023
- Top 05 Highest-Paying Jobs in Canada