Express Entry: Canada invites 4,200 immigration candidates
Canada has now issued over 78,350 ITAs to Express Entry candidates in 2020
Canada held a new Express Entry draw on September 30.
Federal Skilled Worker Program candidates were one of today’s successful candidates for the third successive draw. Latest Canada express entry draw gives ITA’s to candidates for applying for permanent residency in Canada
The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score in this newest invitation round was 471, a reduction of 1 point across the past all-program draw, which was held on September 16.
The large number of Invitations to Employ (ITA) issued now is a powerful sign that Canada remains committed to welcoming elevated levels of immigration in 2021 and beyond.
Canada’s Express Entry system oversees the profiles of applicants for three of Canada’s primary economic-class immigration programs — that the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSW), Federal Skilled Trades Class (FST) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
From the Express Entry program, eligible applicants to the FSWC, FSTC, CEC applications, and a few Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates are scored based on the Comprehensive Ranking System, or CRS.
The CRS considers multiple factors including age, work experience, education and proficiency in English or French. The highest-ranked candidates at the Express Entry pool receive an ITA, and at the point they are able to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Canada has now sent out 78,350 ITAs up to now in 2020, which will be well above the 69,420 that were issued in the same time in 2017, another record-breaking season for Express Entry.
The latest draw saw the tie-breaking rule executed on March 2, 2020 in 12:37:25 UTC. It follows that all candidates using a CRS score of 471 and over who filed their profile before this date and time obtained an ITA inside this invitation round.
It was likewise the 31st draw of the year and the fifth all-program draw held because Canada went into lockdown on March 18.
While the great majority of Express Entry draws usually involve candidates from all three apps, since the beginning of the pandemic and the debut of travel restrictions IRCC started making exceptions to this rule. Between March and the start of July, IRCC was switching between CEC and PNP app pulls, but the amount of ITAs from the two draws combined generally quantities to 3,900 invitations.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month