Express Entry: First draw of 2021 PNP only
Following a huge year for Express Entry, 2021 is expected to be a much bigger year with increased immigration targets
Canada kicked off the new year issuing invitations to Express Entry candidates that have provincial nominations on January 6. Express entry draw of Canada invited candidates for permanent residence ,
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encouraged candidates who had a minimum score of 813.
Candidates that have received nominations from an Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs) mechanically get 600 points added to their overall score, which is the reason why the score requirement is relatively high in comparison to additional rounds of invitation.
The 250 encouraged candidates are now able to officially apply to become Canadian permanent residents.
Express Entry is currently Canada’s application management program for three federal immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Expertise Class.
Candidates in these programs, as well as some PNPs, are given a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). These points are given based on the main applicant’s human capital factors such as age, education, work experience, and language ability in English or French. Express entry draw of Canada invited candidates for permanent residence ,
The points could be given to an individual, or a couple. Although Express Entry candidates don’t need to have any experience in Canada, or even a job offer, although it could give them a few additional points.
The highest-scoring candidates receive an Invitation to Implement (ITA) for permanent residence through routine Express Entry rounds of invitation. As soon as they apply, IRCC will make a final choice on their immigration application and send them a Confirmation of Permanent Residence when their application is successful. The previous step for approved permanent residents is to make their landing in Canada, and apply for his or her PR card. At this point, they have officially immigrated to Canada, and may eventually apply for citizenship.
CRS cutoff scores dropped slightly toward the end of 2020. This could be because IRCC started holding larger draws, meaning more of these top-scoring candidates were encouraged from the Express Entry pool.
In case of a tie between applicants, IRCC applies the tie-breaking principle . In the latest draw, candidates who had a CRS score of 469 or much more, had to have submitted their Express Entry profile before November 2, 2020 in 11:11:52 UTC in order to receive an invitation.
After all, Canada had issued 108,350 ITAs into Express Entry candidates. 2021 is expected to be a bigger year, as IRCC has raised immigration aims to compensate for the decreased number of new permanent residents admitted to Canada this past year.
Canada is expected to welcome 401,000 new immigrants next year, of them, 108,500 are allocated to come via an Express Entry-managed program. These targets are expected to go up within the next three decades, rising to 110,500 in 2022 and 113,750 in 2023.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!