Express Entry: First draw of 2021 PNP only
Following a huge year for Express Entry, 2021 is expected to be a much bigger year with increased immigration targets
Canada kicked off the new year issuing invitations to Express Entry candidates that have provincial nominations on January 6. Express entry draw of Canada invited candidates for permanent residence ,
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encouraged candidates who had a minimum score of 813.
Candidates that have received nominations from an Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs) mechanically get 600 points added to their overall score, which is the reason why the score requirement is relatively high in comparison to additional rounds of invitation.
The 250 encouraged candidates are now able to officially apply to become Canadian permanent residents.
Express Entry is currently Canada’s application management program for three federal immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Expertise Class.
Candidates in these programs, as well as some PNPs, are given a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). These points are given based on the main applicant’s human capital factors such as age, education, work experience, and language ability in English or French. Express entry draw of Canada invited candidates for permanent residence ,
The points could be given to an individual, or a couple. Although Express Entry candidates don’t need to have any experience in Canada, or even a job offer, although it could give them a few additional points.
The highest-scoring candidates receive an Invitation to Implement (ITA) for permanent residence through routine Express Entry rounds of invitation. As soon as they apply, IRCC will make a final choice on their immigration application and send them a Confirmation of Permanent Residence when their application is successful. The previous step for approved permanent residents is to make their landing in Canada, and apply for his or her PR card. At this point, they have officially immigrated to Canada, and may eventually apply for citizenship.
CRS cutoff scores dropped slightly toward the end of 2020. This could be because IRCC started holding larger draws, meaning more of these top-scoring candidates were encouraged from the Express Entry pool.
In case of a tie between applicants, IRCC applies the tie-breaking principle . In the latest draw, candidates who had a CRS score of 469 or much more, had to have submitted their Express Entry profile before November 2, 2020 in 11:11:52 UTC in order to receive an invitation.
After all, Canada had issued 108,350 ITAs into Express Entry candidates. 2021 is expected to be a bigger year, as IRCC has raised immigration aims to compensate for the decreased number of new permanent residents admitted to Canada this past year.
Canada is expected to welcome 401,000 new immigrants next year, of them, 108,500 are allocated to come via an Express Entry-managed program. These targets are expected to go up within the next three decades, rising to 110,500 in 2022 and 113,750 in 2023.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP