How Canadians can sponsor their spouse from abroad
Canadians wanting to move back to Canada with their spouse can start the sponsorship process from anywhere in the world
Most times Canadians have to be in Canada so as to sponsor their spouse or common-law spouse for permanent home, but not always. Ways Canadian can sponsor their spouse.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allows Canadian citizens to use to sponsor their spouses, common-law partners, dependent children and conjugal partners from abroad.
How they prove that they will return to Canada depends upon their unique circumstances and the reason why they would like to return. By way of instance, if the couple wants to move to Canada for work they might encourage their sponsorship application using a confirmation of occupation. If they’re looking into daycares or schools they might also submit documents in support of the hunt. In the event the couple bought a home they can send in the land title, or phoning with realtors. Every case will be different, and the final outcome depends on the visa officer who is reviewing the document.
Although permanent residents are allowed to host their partner while in Canada, just people with citizenship status can begin the spousal sponsorship procedure from overseas.
Canada is still processing spousal sponsorship applications amid the coronavirus pandemic. Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino recently stated that Canada is working to process 49,000 of those programs in 2020. The new immigration levels plan is calling for about 80,000 spouses, partners, and children to be sponsored per year during the next three decades. IRCC intends to process new spousal sponsorship applications in 12 months.
Outland vs inland sponsorship
Spouses and common-law spouses may either apply for Canadian immigration through Outland Sponsorship or Inland Sponsorship.Ways Canadian can sponsor their spouse.
Canadians who are living abroad are eligible to sponsor their partner under the outland stream as long as they intend to proceed to Canada.
Once applicants are in Canada, they can either apply for inland or outland sponsorship. Just inland applicants are entitled to get an open work permit to have the ability to work anywhere in Canada while they wait on their application to be finalized. They have to have a valid temporary standing, such as a visitor’s visa, in order to be eligible for the work permit.
They don’t need a vital reason to visit Canada so long as they’re staying at least 15 days and they finish the mandatory quarantine requirement. Depending on which country they are from, foreign national partners will require a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Traveling Companion (ETA) so as to enter the country.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results