Quebec government releases details of new pilot programs; immigration programs changes
Quebec government releases details on Forthcoming three new permanent immigration programs aimed at addressing Labor shortages
The Government of Quebec has released information of three pilot permanent immigration applications which will be implemented in ancient 2021. Quebec with new pilot programs.
The draft law about the implementation of three new permanent immigration programs premiered on October 28, 2020 in the Gazette officielle du Québec.
On the next 45 days, the government intends to collect comments on such programs before their official release.
The 3 new permanent immigration pilot programs, already announced by the government earlier this year, are as follows :
- the pilot program for orderlies
- the pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies (IT) and visual effects sectors
- the pilot program for workers in food processing (FP)
In addition, the authorities announced major improvements to the program intake process for its Program for Refugees Abroad, or Collective sponsorship, in addition to new regulations for its Self-Employed Worker App and the Entrepreneur Program.
New pilot programs Have Been implemented to attract and retain the workforce
During these new pilot applications, the government of Quebec intends to”attract and keep people whose abilities meet the specific needs of the Quebec labour market” and to address labor shortages in three key locations. The three pilot programs will soon come into effect following a 45-day appointment interval.
The pilot program for orderlies will allow around 550 principal applicants annually to be selected to work as nurses aides and beneficiary attendants in Quebec. Accompanying family members can also receive Quebec Selection Certificates under this system. Quebec with new pilot programs.
The pilot program for employees in food processing will offer a pathway to permanent immigration for temporary foreign workers working in the food processing sector. It is going to also be a five-year program under which up to 550 qualified workers and their families will be selected each year.
The next pilot application covers the artificial intelligence, information technology and visual impacts sectors. Like the two preceding pilot jobs, it’s also going to last five years and will pick up to 550 people and their families.
The choice will be evenly distributed between the artificial intelligence industry and another two industries. This pilot project is meant to attract global talent working in these industries and ensure the retention of people that are already in Quebec to a temporary basis. Canada is a dream for every immigrants.
Application processing times and immigration programs changes
Quebec has also released data related to the number of applications which will be received under economic immigration programs for the coming year. Here are the highlights :
- A limit of 50 permanent selection applications was set under the Self-Employed Program for the period from November 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021.
- A limit of 25 permanent selection applications will be approved under the initial flow of the Entrepreneur Program from November 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021.
- The next flow of the entrepreneur program is suspended for another year so it may be made better.
- The choice criteria in effect for immigration candidates that have filed an Expression of Interest in Arrima, Quebec’s immigration program management program, for choice under the Regular Skilled Worker Program also have been revived and are in effect until November 1, 2021.
In addition, the government has introduced changes along with a new admission period for software for collective sponsorship under the Program for Refugees Abroad. Sponsorship applications should also currently be submitted online and will then be randomly selected through a draw.
According to the current government media release, the receipt of sponsorship programs for associations, situated in Montréal as well as outside town, is temporarily suspended until November 1, 2021. This is done as a way to complete administrative and criminal investigations due to “serious allegations that call into question the ethics” of particular refugee protection organizations.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa
- Unlocking The Benefits Of Germany Job Seeker Visa: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Biggest express entry draws in March
- General draw to invite 175 candidates to British Columbia
- TOP 10 IN-DEMAND SKILLS TO GET A JOB IN CANADA, 2023
- DIFFERENT AUSTRALIAN VISA STREAMS!
- IRCC INVITES 7000 CANDIDATES FROM ALL PROGRAM EXPRESS ENTRY 2023
- TOP 4 IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS FOR YOU TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA!
- THE BIGGEST ALL-PROGRAM EXPRESS ENTRY INVITES 7000 CANDIDATES! – 2023