Quebec holds first Arrima draw of 2021
The province invited 95 immigration candidates in the latest skilled worker program selection round held on January 26
Quebec issued invitations to apply for choice under the Regular Skilled Worker Program to 95 immigration candidates on January 26. Quebec first PNP draw of 2021 invites candidates for provincial nomination.
Invitations were issued to candidates that had an Expression of Interest (EOI) at Quebec’s internet registration portalsite, Arrima.
Two categories of applicants were invited in the last draw. Nominees in the first class were required to have a confirmed job offer. The second categories included individuals who have been in Quebec as a diplomat, consular officer, representative of the United Nations or some other intergovernmental organization with operations in Quebec. The draw could have also included people that are members of the team of any such official, because these occupations will also be covered under Section 26 of their Quebec Immigration Regulation.
To immigrate to Quebec under the Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP), applicants should first submit an EOI via Arrima. The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et p l’Intégration (MIFI) reviews the bank of profiles and issues invitations to people who meet specific criteria based on labour market demands in Quebec.
Quebec’s immigration programs are managed by the province based on selection criteria and processes which are different from Canada’s immigration programs.
Arrima premiered in 2018 to deal with the pool of applicants for the RSWP and to simplify an application ingestion system that was previously based on a “first-come, first-served” approach.
Candidates 18 decades of age and older interested in immigrating to Quebec throughout the RSWP should first make an EOI profile Arrima, and they are put in a pool of candidates.
MIFI subsequently invites the most qualified candidates based on, among other standards, current provincial market labor requirements and the person’s powerful potential to integrate into Quebec society.
Those invited to submit an application for permanent selection generally have a limited amount of time to submit a whole immigration program, pay the necessary fees and existing all of the necessary documents.
When the document is complete and filed, the state’s immigration ministry examines the application and assigns it a rating using the RSWP selection grid which takes into consideration criteria such as level of education, age, language skills and work experience.
People who obtain a passing score on the selection grid will get their Certificate de selection du Québec (CSQ), which is a required document in Quebec that certifies that a candidate has been approved for permanent choice by the state. Quebec first PNP draw of 2021 invites candidates for provincial nomination.
People who get a CSQ can then apply for permanent residence with the Canadian federal government. From there, they might have to undergo a medical evaluation and a criminal admissibility screening.
Planned Immigration Levels
In recent months, both the Province of Quebec and Canada announced a rise in immigration targets for the coming years. In 2021, Quebec aims to welcome around 47,500 newcomers. Meanwhile, Canada intends to welcome over 400,000 immigrants beneath its immigration programs during the next year.
ο Reference taken from CIC news
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP