PEI holds new PNP draw inviting 121 immigration candidates
Express Entry, Labour Impact, and Business Impact candidates were invited to submit an application for a provincial nomination for permanent residence
Prince Edward Island has released the details of its scheduled February 18 draw. PEI latest PNP draw of 2021.
The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) issued a total of 121 invitations. Most of the invitations, 102, went to Express Entry and Labour Effect candidates. Business Impact candidates took home the remaining 19, as long as they had at the minimum point threshold of 82. PEI latest PNP draw of 2021.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow Canada’s provinces and territories to pick immigration applicants that fulfill their labour market requirements. They sometimes align with Canada’s federal Express Entry program .
PEI Express Entry Category
The PEI PNP’s Express Entry Category is an improved PNP, so it works within the Canadian government’s Express Entry program .
Eligible candidates are given a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score for their age, work experience, education, and language proficiency in English and French.
Express Entry applicants that receive a provincial nomination are given an additional 600 points toward their CRS score, and therefore are effectively ensured that an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence at another Express Entry draw.
So as to be considered for a provincial nomination from PEI, Express Entry applicants will need to make an EOI profile with the PEI PNP.
EOI profiles are given points depending on the province’s unique factors grid. The highest-scoring candidates are then invited to execute monthly appeals.
The PEI PNP did not offer a breakdown of how many Express Entry and Labour Impact candidates were encouraged, nor the minimal EOI score necessary for each category.
Labour Impact Category
The Labour Impact Category is for foreign nationals who have a valid job offer in PEI, and have support from their company. It’s divided into three streams: Skilled Worker, Critical Employee , and International Graduate.
Nominees in this class must also submit an EOI profile so as to be considered for a provincial nomination throughout the Labour Impact Category.
Business Impact Category
The 19 candidates who were encouraged throughout the Business Impact Category needed a minimum EOI rating of 82. These invitations were issued under the Work Permit Stream, which is for foreign entrepreneurs that wish to own and run a business in PEI.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month