Ontario issues new Skilled Trades and French-Speaking Skilled Worker invitations
484 Express Entry candidates were issued Notifications of Interest under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker and Skilled Trades streams
The province of Ontario has issued 484 invitations to Express Entry applicants through 2 provincial immigration teams in the initial draw of this year. Ontario latest PNP Draw 2021.
On January 13, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants in the French-Speaking Skilled Worker and Skilled Trades streams.
These two enhanced Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are aligned with the Express Entry system. Candidates who obtained an NOI in this draw needed to possess Express Entry profiles which were made between January 13, 2020, and January 13, 2021.
The Skilled Trades Stream allows the OINP to search the Express Entry pool for candidates currently living in Ontario that have a minimum of one-year full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, at a skilled trade recorded in Minor Group 633 or Major Group 72, 73, or 82 beneath Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
The 338 Skilled Trades Stream applicants that obtained NOIs in the current draw had a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score between 434 and 460. Ontario latest PNP Draw 2021.
The French-Speaking Skilled Worker (FSSW) stream is tailored to Express Entry applicants that speak English and French. Candidates need to meet the eligibility requirements of the Canadian Expertise Course, or the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates within this flow also require a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of at least seven in French, and at least a six in English, among other eligibility requirements.
The 146 FSSW candidates that received NOIs in the current draw had a CRS rating between 456 and 460.
While applicants don’t need a job offer to apply under either the Licensed Trades and French-Speaking Skilled Worker Streams, they must meet all of the mandatory federal and provincial requirements given by the OINP.
Candidates that successfully obtain a provincial nomination under these two Express Entry-aligned streams receive an additional 600 CRS points, effectively assuring an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence through the Express Entry system.
Express Entry is an application management system for three federal immigration applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Experience Course .
The very first thing to be identified as a candidate under the Skilled Trades and French-Speaking Licensed Worker Streams is to create an Express Entry profile.
All candidates invited under Ontario’s Express Entry Streams will be contacted from the OINP and might need to submit a complete application for a provincial nomination within 45 calendar days of getting an NOI.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!