Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration pathway
The province is looking to attract highly educated and highly skilled newcomers to stay.
On November 18, Newfoundland and Labrador’s provincial authorities announced a new immigration route which will look to keep newcomers that are currently in the state. Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration program.
The new immigration route, Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador, under the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP), will concentrate on highly trained and highly skilled applicants with work experience in technical industries like technology. The program is expected to start on January 2, 2021.
This movement will seem to deal with the state’s labor shortages in certain high-growth businesses. The new pathway comes as an answer to companies’ growing demand for skilled and skilled employees, the state says in a press release.
Who is eligible for the Priority Skills pathway?
Masters or PhD graduates of Memorial University who graduated over the last three years with a degree associated with communication and information technology, ocean engineering, healthcare, agriculture and aquaculture.
Additionally, professionals who have work experience in the next highly skilled high-demand occupations will be considered :
• Biomedical Engineer
• Software Developer
• Electrical Engineer
• UI/UX Developer
• AI Developer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Python Developer
• .NET Developer
• Infrastructure Engineer
• Security Specialist
• Cloud Specialist
• Computer Network Support
Individuals are also required to demonstrate their language proficiency in English by taking one of the following language tests and scoring equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark level 5 or more.
Other ways to immigrate to Newfoundland and Labrador
The NLPNP is divided into five Classes: Express Entry Skilled Worker category, Skilled Worker category, International Graduate category, International Entrepreneur category and Also the International Graduate Entrepreneur Class.
The Express Entry Skilled Worker class permits the state to nominate skilled employees through Canada’s national Express Entry system. Nominated individuals need to have job offers from the state. Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration program.
The Skilled Worker class targets people who have received a job offer from a company in the state. This category also targets those who are working in the state on a valid work permit.
They need to have a job or a job offer in the province.The International Entrepreneur category is for those wishing to settle in the state and start or purchase a business enterprise. Candidates have to operate their business for a single year in the province before applying.
The International Graduate Entrepreneur category provides a pathway to permanent residence for global graduates who want to start or run a business within the state.
To qualify, applicants must also have a job offer from the state.
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland and Labrador is Canada’s easternmost province with two separate land masses: Labrador is connected to mainland Canada, and Newfoundland is an island.
The province has a growing economy, due to its energy and resources boom. Significant industries in the province include financial services, healthcare, mining, fishing, oil production and manufacturing.
Most of the population live in the provincial capital of St. John’s, one of the oldest cities in North America that boasts a rich history. The city also has an interesting architectural landscape, with buildings that have a very distinct look from other cities in Canada.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw
- Which Country Is Better For Indians in 2023: Canada Or UK?
- Complete Guide For Canada CRS Points Calculator: Check Your Score Now
- British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba nominate candidates in this week’s PNP results