Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration pathway
The province is looking to attract highly educated and highly skilled newcomers to stay.
On November 18, Newfoundland and Labrador’s provincial authorities announced a new immigration route which will look to keep newcomers that are currently in the state. Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration program.
The new immigration route, Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador, under the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP), will concentrate on highly trained and highly skilled applicants with work experience in technical industries like technology. The program is expected to start on January 2, 2021.
This movement will seem to deal with the state’s labor shortages in certain high-growth businesses. The new pathway comes as an answer to companies’ growing demand for skilled and skilled employees, the state says in a press release.
Who is eligible for the Priority Skills pathway?
Masters or PhD graduates of Memorial University who graduated over the last three years with a degree associated with communication and information technology, ocean engineering, healthcare, agriculture and aquaculture.
Additionally, professionals who have work experience in the next highly skilled high-demand occupations will be considered :
• Biomedical Engineer
• Software Developer
• Electrical Engineer
• UI/UX Developer
• AI Developer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Python Developer
• .NET Developer
• Infrastructure Engineer
• Security Specialist
• Cloud Specialist
• Computer Network Support
Individuals are also required to demonstrate their language proficiency in English by taking one of the following language tests and scoring equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark level 5 or more.
Other ways to immigrate to Newfoundland and Labrador
The NLPNP is divided into five Classes: Express Entry Skilled Worker category, Skilled Worker category, International Graduate category, International Entrepreneur category and Also the International Graduate Entrepreneur Class.
The Express Entry Skilled Worker class permits the state to nominate skilled employees through Canada’s national Express Entry system. Nominated individuals need to have job offers from the state. Newfoundland and Labrador introduce new immigration program.
The Skilled Worker class targets people who have received a job offer from a company in the state. This category also targets those who are working in the state on a valid work permit.
They need to have a job or a job offer in the province.The International Entrepreneur category is for those wishing to settle in the state and start or purchase a business enterprise. Candidates have to operate their business for a single year in the province before applying.
The International Graduate Entrepreneur category provides a pathway to permanent residence for global graduates who want to start or run a business within the state.
To qualify, applicants must also have a job offer from the state.
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland and Labrador is Canada’s easternmost province with two separate land masses: Labrador is connected to mainland Canada, and Newfoundland is an island.
The province has a growing economy, due to its energy and resources boom. Significant industries in the province include financial services, healthcare, mining, fishing, oil production and manufacturing.
Most of the population live in the provincial capital of St. John’s, one of the oldest cities in North America that boasts a rich history. The city also has an interesting architectural landscape, with buildings that have a very distinct look from other cities in Canada.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa
- Unlocking The Benefits Of Germany Job Seeker Visa: A Step-By-Step Guide
Up up up, good