FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in July - IRCC
Canada’s immigration minister announces FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in early July.
Minister Sean Fraser made several other important announcements, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will offer Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) holders an open work permit extension of up to 18 months.
Quick Summary of the major announcements
- Express Entry Invitations for FSWP, CEC, and FSTP candidates will resume in early July.
- The vast majority of new Express Entry applications will be processed within a service standard of six months. According to IRCC, the current express entry processing time ranges from seven months to over 20 months.
- Those with a PGWP expiring between January and December 2022 will qualify for an additional open work permit of up to 18 months starting this summer. IRCC is working on a simpler process and will provide more details “in the coming weeks”. The IRCC notes that approximately 95,000 PGWPs will expire in 2022, and it is estimated that 50,000 PGWP holders could benefit from this newly opened work permit.
- Applicants will no longer be required to reside in Canada full time while their application is being processed.
- Applicants who also apply for an open work permit while waiting for their permanent residence application to be processed will be able to obtain work permits that are valid until the end of 2024. This will ensure that all permanent residency applications are finalized before applicants are required. Apply for re-enhancement of your temporary status.
- To support family reunification, immediate family members involved in a prime applicant’s permanent residency application who are outside Canada will be eligible to obtain their own open work permits.
How does Express Entry work?
“Express Entry Isn’t an immigration program itself, but a Program management system for the 3 Applications under the Federal High Skilled Class: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates, proficient workers have to be eligible for these programs. If so, they will get a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which awards points for a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language proficiency in English or French, in addition to other factors.
IRCC subsequently invites the highest-scoring applicants to submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!