Express Entry: 654 PNP candidates receive ITAs
Express Entry candidates who had received a provincial nomination were invited in the new round of invitations
Canada encouraged 654 Express Entry applicants to apply for permanent residence on February 10, 2021. Express entry invites PNP candidates in the latest draw.
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited candidates who had a minimal score of 720.
Only applicants that had obtained a nomination from a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) were encouraged in the latest draw, which is the reason why the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut off was so high. Candidates that have received nominations from Express Entry-aligned PNPs mechanically get 600 points added to their score.
Now’s draw CRS score was 21 points lower than that of the prior PNP-specific round of invitations held on January 20, 2021. Express entry invites PNP candidates in the latest draw.
Express Entry is Canada’s Program management system for three federal immigration Applications: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Expertise Class.
Candidates in these programs, in addition to some PNPs, are given a score based on the CRS.
The points could be awarded to an individual or a couple. Express Entry applicants do not need to have any experience in Canada in order to be encouraged to make an application for permanent residence. They don’t need a job offer, but it may provide them some additional points.
The highest-scoring applicants get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence through regular Express Entry rounds of invitation. After an application was submitted, IRCC will create a last choice and send a Confirmation of Permanent Residence in case the application is approved. The final step for approved permanent residents would be to repay in Canada and apply for a PR Card. At this phase, such people are officially immigrated to Canada and can eventually apply for citizenship.
In case of a tie between applicants, IRCC applies the tie-breaking rule. In the most recent draw, candidates who had a CRS score of 720 or longer, needed to have filed their Express Entry profile before August 14, 2020, at 6:51:00 UTC so as to get an invitation.
By the end, Canada had issued 108,350 ITAs into Express Entry candidates. This season is predicted to be even larger, as IRCC has increased immigration aims to compensate for the decreased number of new permanent residents admitted to Canada this past year.
IRCC has issued 10,654 ITAs through four program-specific draws to start 2021.
The calendar year 2021 is expected to see further increases as IRCC has fostered immigration goals to compensate for the decreased number of new permanent residents admitted to Canada this past year. IRCC is also very likely to place greater reliance on potential immigrants and skilled employees in Canada to meet these targets, in part as a result of continuing coronavirus measures as well as the current challenges connected with border closures and restrictions.
IRCC hasn’t yet held an all-program draw in 2021.
Canada is expected to welcome 401,000 new immigrants this year, of them, 108,500 are allocated to develop an Express Entry-managed program. These goals are expected to move up within the next three decades, increasing to 110,500 in 2022 and 113,750 in 2023.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw
- Which Country Is Better For Indians in 2024: Canada Or UK?