Express Entry Draw #223: 589 PNP candidates are invited
The latest Express Entry draw invited 589 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada Immigration on May 25, 2022.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) only invited Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates in the new invitation draw. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off was 741. The minimal score was relatively high because PNP candidates get an automatic 600 points added to their score when they receive their nomination. Without the nomination, the lowest-scoring candidates would have had 141 base points.
Now Invited candidates to have 60 days to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
In the previous round of invitations, IRCC invited 545 PNP candidates with a minimum CRS of 753, to apply for Canadian immigration.
Although the immigration minister said there was no official announcement on when skilled worker draws would resume, he said that Express Entry would look more usual in the coming years. According to the 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan, Express Entry targets will be cut in half for skilled workers this year but will return to normal by 2024. These targets may change when Canada releases Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025 in the fall.
Under the current levels plan, Canada expects to bring in 83,500 immigrants through Express Entry-aligned and base PNP categories in 2022. The new targets are greater than what the government projected in the previous levels plan, which was 81,500 PNP immigrants for 2022, and 83,000 for 2023.
How does Express Entry work?
“Express Entry Isn’t an immigration program itself, but a Program management system for the 3 Applications under the Federal High Skilled Class: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates, proficient workers have to be eligible for these programs. If so, they will get a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which awards points for a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language proficiency in English or French, in addition to other factors.
IRCC subsequently invites the highest-scoring applicants to submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!