Express Entry Draw #223: 589 PNP candidates are invited
The latest Express Entry draw invited 589 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada Immigration on May 25, 2022.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) only invited Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates in the new invitation draw. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off was 741. The minimal score was relatively high because PNP candidates get an automatic 600 points added to their score when they receive their nomination. Without the nomination, the lowest-scoring candidates would have had 141 base points.
Now Invited candidates to have 60 days to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
In the previous round of invitations, IRCC invited 545 PNP candidates with a minimum CRS of 753, to apply for Canadian immigration.
Although the immigration minister said there was no official announcement on when skilled worker draws would resume, he said that Express Entry would look more usual in the coming years. According to the 2022-2024 Immigration Levels Plan, Express Entry targets will be cut in half for skilled workers this year but will return to normal by 2024. These targets may change when Canada releases Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025 in the fall.
Under the current levels plan, Canada expects to bring in 83,500 immigrants through Express Entry-aligned and base PNP categories in 2022. The new targets are greater than what the government projected in the previous levels plan, which was 81,500 PNP immigrants for 2022, and 83,000 for 2023.
How does Express Entry work?
“Express Entry Isn’t an immigration program itself, but a Program management system for the 3 Applications under the Federal High Skilled Class: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates, proficient workers have to be eligible for these programs. If so, they will get a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which awards points for a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language proficiency in English or French, in addition to other factors.
IRCC subsequently invites the highest-scoring applicants to submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223