Express Entry Draw #234: CRS dropped below 500
The latest Express Entry draw invited 4,750 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canada Immigration on October 26, 2022.
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) cut-off was 496. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued this draw for Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), all programs that operate under the Express Entry system.
This draw marks the first time since draws resumed that the CRS has dipped below 500. The last time the score was this low was on December 23, 2020 with a score of 468. After that draw, all-program Express Entry draws were paused to avoid creating a larger backlog of applications for permanent residence.
By lowering the CRS score, IRCC is able to increase the number of ITAs it issues, as demonstrated by the eight previous draws in which the number of candidates increased as the CRS score gradually decreased.
Now Invited candidates have 60 days to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
In the previous round of invitations, IRCC invited a total of 4,250 EE candidates with a minimum CRS of 500, to apply for Canadian immigration.
How does Express Entry work?
“Express Entry Isn’t an immigration program itself, but a Program management system for the 3 Applications under the Federal High Skilled Class: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Experience Class.
In order to get into the Express Entry pool of candidates, proficient workers have to be eligible for these programs. If so, they will get a score depending on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which awards points for a candidate’s age, education, work experience, language proficiency in English or French, in addition to other factors.
IRCC subsequently invites the highest-scoring applicants to submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP