Canadian schools reopening to international students
Some Designated Learning Institutions are now able to welcome new international students
Canadian colleges with coronavirus readiness programs may begin accepting new study license holders, as of October 20.Canadian schools reopening shortly.
Before October 20, the sole foreign students that could travel to Canada were people who held a valid study permit at March 18, 2020 (the date that Canada’s coronavirus travel restrictions took effect).
Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) are currently able to accept international students irrespective of the date the study license was obtained.
To be able to enter Canada as a student, you have to meet Both of These requirements :
- You need a valid study permit or a letter of introduction which shows you’re approved for a study permit.
- You must be attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness program approved by its state or territory.
Your journey to Canada will be considered necessary when you’ve got all the required documents and your DLI is on the accepted list.
As a student, your Journey to Canada Will Not be considered Necessary if :
• Your research program has been cancelled or suspended
• You’re entering Canada for any reason other than to research
Students still must quarantine for 14 days once they arrive in Canada.
In order to welcome new international students, DLIs necessary to have a coronavirus readiness program approved by their own province or territory. Plans should describe how they handle the compulsory quarantine period for pupils, including arrangements for transfer to the pupil’s quarantine location. Canadian school reopening shortly.
They need to also offer support and information to international students about how they can find the items they need for their quarantine, such as food, medicine, and health insurance.
International students can contact their school directly if they have questions regarding their willingness plans.
Only students that are going to approved DLIs are permitted to go to Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) states more establishments will be added into the list of approved DLIs. The IRCC page has a complete list of approved DLIs, and will upgrade as more come available. Canada will also remove DLIs should they no longer meet their provincial or territorial public health requirements.
Students that are not going to a licensed DLI won’t be permitted to board their flight if they attempt to go to Canada.
How many post-secondary schools have approved COVID-19 readiness plans?
All post-secondary DLIs are approved to start to international students in Quebec, however the government still recommends to look at their listing .
There are 39 article secondary’s available in Alberta, and British Columbia. There are 10 Manitoba schools, 13 in New Brunswick, three in Newfoundland and Labrador, 14 in Ontario, five in Prince Edward Island, seven at Saskatchewan, and one at the Yukon.
Primary and secondary schools by province
Primary and secondary schools in Canada follow the wellbeing regulations set out from their province or territory.
All primary and secondary schools are accepted to reopen to international students in Quebec.
All public and private secondary and primary schools are accepted to reopen from the states of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, and British Columbia.
Primary and secondary schools are closed to international students in the states and territories of: Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Nunavut, Nova Scotia, North West Territories, as well as Newfoundland and Labrador.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- Provincial Nominee Program – Step by Step guide￼
- Express Entry Draw #236 – 4,750 ITAs are issued
- Everything about NOC 2021: Changes and Effect
- Express Entry #234: Lowest CRS since 2020
- Express Entry Draw #233: Canada invited 4,250 Candidates
- Express Entry Draw #232: 3,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #231
- Express Entry Draw #230: ITAs are increased to 2,750.
- Express Entry Draw #229: Forth all-program draw since July
- Express Entry Draw #228: 2,000 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry Draw #227: 1,750 ITAs are issued
- Express Entry #226: All Program Draw resume
- Express Entry Draw #225
- Express Entry Draw #224, invited 932 PNP candidates
- Express Entry Draw #223
- Express Entry Draw #222 | Latest Express entry Draw
- Express Entry Draw #221 – 27 April 2022
- FSWP and CEC invitations will resume in July – IRCC
- Express Entry: 787 PNP candidates invited
- Express Entry Draw: Canada Invited 919 PNP Candidates