15,000 people obtained Canadian permanent residence in September
Canada’s immigration levels remain low due to the corona virus pandemic.
Canada’s new permanent resident ingestion continues to endure as a result of the corona virus pandemic. Canadian immigration level in September.
New Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) data shows Canada welcomed 15,025 new immigrants in September 2020.
That is low compared to 35,000 immigrants Canada welcomed in September 2019.
Overall, Canada has welcomed about 143,500 immigrants between January and September so it’s on pace to fall short of 200,000 immigrants by the end of the year. In the first nine months of 2019, Canada welcomed 264,000 immigrants and over 341,000 complete this past year.
Days prior to Canada announced it would shut its borders to a lot of foreign travellers in March of this year, immigration minister Marco Mendicino said the country would target an additional 341,000 brand new immigrant arrivals in 2020.
Canada will not be able to accomplish this goal for three big factors. First, the pandemic has also disrupted the immigration system. Social distancing measures have influenced everything from the ability to complete official language tests like IELTS or CELPIP, to submitting biometrics, to obtaining visas from Canadian authorities authorities. Secondly, tens of thousands of evidence of permanent residence (COPR) holders that are exempt from Canada’s coronavirus travel limitations stay stuck abroad since their COPRs have died during the pandemic. Third, Canada’s coronavirus travel limitations do not allow individuals who obtained their COPR following March 18 to enter Canada unless they fall under an exemption.
At the same period, the pandemic is temporary and Canada confirmed two weeks ago that it remains committed to welcoming elevated levels of immigration moving ahead. Canadian immigration level in September.
In late October, Mendicino declared Canada would substantially increase its immigration targets to compensate for the fall in immigration this season.
Under its new 2021-2023 Immigration Amounts Plan, Canada will plan to welcome over 400,000 immigrants per year moving forward which is going to be the highest levels in Canadian history.
To enable it to attain these targets, IRCC has been hosting Express Entry draws mostly on a bi-weekly basis throughout the pandemic. The two most recent Express Entry draws have observed 4,500 invitations to apply for permanent residence issued in every draw which is tied for the greatest amounts per draw since Express Entry started in January 2015.
Express Entry is Canada’s flagship method for managing skilled employee applications.
The next major way Canada welcomes skilled workers is via the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
PNP draws also have occurred frequently during the pandemic and before this week Canada’s largest province, Ontario, held a draw.
In all, Canada’s states issued almost 3,000 provincial nominations in October.
Nonetheless, the immigration system continues to operate and new candidates are able to input the Express Entry pool and submit applications through the likes of the PNP and other financial class applications.
This is a result of language tests such as IELTS and CELPIP being accessible, as well as educational credential evaluation (ECA) organizations like World Education Services (WES) being operational. People who do obtain COPRs may expect to enter Canada once travel restrictions are modified or are increased entirely following the widespread distribution of coronavirus vaccines.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa