Canada to delay parents and grandparents 2020 immigration lottery
IRCC has notified CIC News it will hold the lottery in early 2021
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is delaying its Children and Grandparents Program (PGP) 2020 immigration lottery until early 2021. Canada to delay parents & grandparents immigration.
The lottery was planned to take place by the end of the month, however, numerous factors such as the global coronavirus pandemic will cause a delay.
IRCC opened the PGP 2020 expression of interest window to possible patrons between October 13 and November 3, 2020.
Later, IRCC was to hold a randomized lottery encouraging up to 10,000 patrons to submit their PGP applications. Canada to delay parents & grandparents immigration.
As mentioned previously on IRCC’s site, the department was hoping to hold the lottery by the close of the year: “patrons will be invited to use near the end of the year so that we expect to have applications in early 2021 (probably January and February).”
IRCC explains reasons for the delay
In an emailed response to CIC News, IRCC explained Numerous factors are cause for the delay in holding the lottery :
We’re currently working through this year’s submissions to remove duplicates and we will further create a randomized list and will start to send out invitations to apply. Since the program opened later than normal this season, and due to continuing circumstances beyond our control such as the global pandemic, potential sponsors will be invited to apply early in 2021. We are upgrading our site to reflect this.
What to expect from the Parents and Grandparents Program in 2021
Next year is defined to be a major one for the PGP. Following the PGP 2020 lottery occurs, encouraged sponsors will have around 60 days to submit their software to IRCC.
IRCC has announced the PGP 2021 window will be double the size of this season’s version.
IRCC will start a new expression of window, and then invite up to 30,000 sponsors under next year’s program.
Past the PGP, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can use the Super Visa Program to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada on renewable visas that are valid for up to a decade.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP