Canada announces new restrictions for travellers
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has introduced stricter measures to control COVID-19 risks in Canada
Canada’s government is imposing new COVID-19 steps for incoming travellers. Canada sets restrictions for travellers travelling to Canada.
The announcements were made today by Canada’s Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau and comes after a few weeks of stress from several Canadian provinces to implement tougher journey limitations.
Air Canada, WestJet, Sunwing, and Air Transat are suspending all flights into”sun” destinations like the Caribbean effective Sunday, January 31. The measures will be in place until April 30. Trudeau praised the leadership of these airlines in functioning in concert with the national government to enact this measure.
Beginning next week, international flights can simply land in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. Incoming travellers need to take COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test upon arrival and will have to remain in a hotel designated by the federal government in their own cost for three times while awaiting test results. Trudeau reported the estimated cost of the travellers is 2,000 Canadian. If the test result is negative, passengers will then need to quarantine at home for a total quarantine period of 14 days (three times in the hotel plus eleven days at residence ). People who report a positive test result will need to remain at a designated government center.
Thirdly, Trudeau announced that all travelers entering Canada from the U.S. land boundary will have to be examined upon arrival and demonstrate a negative evaluation.
International travellers to Canada have lately become more of an issue, given the current emergence of more infectious variants of the coronavirus, especially in the United Kingdom, South Africa and Brazil. Canada sets restrictions for travellers travelling to Canada.
The new restrictions will be set in place to reduce traveling to protect the health of Canadians, especially during the upcoming spring break.
Lately, Prime Minister Trudeau has asked Canadians to cancel any future non-essential travel they may have proposed. In addition, he indicated that the government considered a variety of additional measures such as the imposition of quick testing at airports on coming travelers and compulsory supervised quarantine at particular designated hotels in the traveller’s cost.
Travel to Canada in the USA and other countries has been regulated as March and is subject to monthly extensions. The present bans on overseas and U.S. non-essential traveling are in effect until at least February 21, 2021.
A number of people are exempt from these types of travel limitations, including Canadian citizens, permanent residents, certain temporary foreign workers, particular international students, or even immediate and extended relatives of Canadians, among others.
Canada also requires every worldwide air traveller aged five years or older to give evidence of a drawback COVID-19 PCR test done within 72 hours of their traveller’s planned departure for Canada.
Along with being analyzed, travellers coming to Canada need to experience a 14-day quarantine period. The quarantine program has to be ready prior to arrival in Canada to specify where and how it’s going to be carried out.
Travellers to Canada must also use the ArriveCAN program to deliver their advice to Canadian border services officers and find out how to comply with coronavirus measures at the border. The program must be used by all incoming travellers to execute daily self-assessments to ensure that the quarantine process is completed as needed.
Some Canadian states continue to show encouraging declines in the number of new cases and hospitalizations. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed during recent media conferences that vaccines will continue to arrive despite the threat of protectionist measures by the European Union to limit the export of doses abroad and present manufacturing delays. He reiterated today that the Canadian government is on track to ensure everybody in the country will be able to receive COVID-19 vaccination by September.
Trudeau also noted that study shows just 2 percent of COVID-19 cases in Canada are due to incoming travellers, which is proof of the effectiveness of travel restrictions.
ο Reference taken from CIC news
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP
- Top 5 Facts Of Canada’s Category-Based Selection Draw
- Which Country Is Better For Indians in 2023: Canada Or UK?
- Complete Guide For Canada CRS Points Calculator: Check Your Score Now
- British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba nominate candidates in this week’s PNP results