Canada to re-open parents and grandparents immigration program October 13
IRCC has released dates for the 2020 PGP intake after coronavirus delayed opening in the spring.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents will shortly have the ability to apply to sponsor their grandparents and parents to immigrate to Canada. Canada re-opens parental PR after the pandemic.
These are not programs for your own PGP itself, but instead, are an opportunity for individuals to express their interest in sponsoring their loved ones for Canadian immigration.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will then randomly select possible patrons and send them an invitation to submit an application. Selected applicants may have up to 60 days to submit their completed hedging program.
IRCC will take a max of 10,000 software in 2020. It will open a new intake of interest to sponsor process in 2021 to accept a total of 30,000 new applications.
IRCC can also be introducing a temporary public policy that will cut the income requirement for your 2020 tax year to the minimum necessary income, rather than the minimum required income plus 30 percent. This is to accommodate those who have been negatively affected financially from the coronavirus pandemic.
Registration opening was supposed to take place earlier this year, but was postponed due to the coronavirus epidemic. They welcoming grandparents immigration program as Canada re-opens parental PR.
IRCC directed to welcome 21,000 new immigrants throughout the parents and grandparents program this year, in accordance with the departments immigration levels goals . The goals were announced only days prior to Canada enforced coronavirus travel restrictions in March. Since that time, Canada’s immigration levels have fallen significantly.
Who is eligible to sponsor family through PGP ?
Sponsors have to be at least 18 years old, residing in Canada, and they need to have sufficient money to support the individuals who they want to host.
Qualification criteria differs for sponsors living in the province of Quebec. People in the rest of Canada need to have enough financial means to support sponsored family members for 20 years starting if they become permanent inhabitants. In Quebec, it is 10 decades and the state also assesses sponsor earnings .
In any case, sponsors must sign an undertaking with the government meaning they’ll provide for the fundamental needs of the sponsored relative, and that the sponsored individual will make every attempt to support themselves.
Additionally, there are certain cases where people will not be eligible to host their parent or grandparent such as: individuals that are in prison; who did not repay authorities loans, performance bonds, or court-order household support payments; or who otherwise announced bankruptcy and aren’t discharged among other nations .
Who can be sponsored?
The biological or adopted grandparents and parents of all eligible Canadians are eligible for sponsorship, as well as step parents in cases of separation or divorce. Brothers, sisters, and half siblings are only eligible to be sponsored if they’re dependent children under age 22.
If applicants wish to sponsor more than one person or few, they must meet all of the income requirements for everybody on the program and their dependants.
Sponsored family members will need to provide all the essential files for the application and any additional information such as medical exams, police certificates, and biometrics.
The PGP isn’t for Canadians to sponsor their in-laws, their spouse’s parents and grandparents, even though they might be a co-signer in their in-laws’ application. Parents and grandparents who are inadmissible into Canada are also ineligible for sponsorship.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC: New Selection Categories for Express Entry Candidates
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa
- Unlocking The Benefits Of Germany Job Seeker Visa: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Biggest express entry draws in March
- General draw to invite 175 candidates to British Columbia