British Columbia invites 444 immigration candidates in new PNP invitation round
B.C. has invited 1,839 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination so far in 2021
British Columbia invited 444 immigration candidates in two Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draws held on March 2. BC invites candidates in new PNP Draw.
The invitations were issued to candidates by the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry BC (EEBC) flows of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). More especially, people who received invitations were out of the Skilled Worker, International Graduate as well as Entry Level and Semi-Skilled sub-categories of both SI and EEBC streams.
The minimum scores for the most significant draw ranged between 83 and 97 points. A total of 418 were invited inside this draw. There was also a separate draw conducted for retail and wholesale trade supervisors (NOC 0621) and restaurant and foodservice managers (NOC 0631), in which 26 invitations were issued to candidates with scores of 118.
The province has now held 11 invitation rounds, bringing the total number of invitations issued so far to 1,839 in 2021. BC invites candidates in new PNP Draw.
About the BC PNP
The BC PNP aims to attract foreign workers who are in high demand from the province and who want to become permanent residents in Canada.
The BC PNP has two immigration streams, Skills Immigration and Express Entry, each of which are divided into sub-categories. Both streams are handled under B.C.’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS). In order to apply through the SIRS, you are first required to register an account. Once this is finished, you’ll be assigned a score based on factors like schooling, work experience, and language abilities.
The highest-scoring applicants from each sub-category are then invited to apply for a provincial nomination to apply for permanent residency when British Columbia conducts among its regular draws.
If you received an invitation you’ll have 30 days from the date of this invitation to submit a comprehensive application via the BC PNP online system.
When you submit an entire BC PNP application package you will be notified of the state’s decision within approximately two to three weeks. If your nomination is successful, you become eligible to use to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent resident status under the Provincial Nominee Class. The nomination is legal for approximately half a year from the date of confirmation.
Express Entry BC stream
The EEBC stream connects to the federal Express Entry immigration program management system. Express Entry applicants are given points based on human capital factors such as age, work experience, education, and language proficiency in English or French below the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). They also must meet the minimal criteria for one of IRCC’s Express Entry applications :
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled trades program
- Canadian Experience class
As a provincial nominee, you may obtain an extra 600 points under the CRS and therefore have a score high enough to obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) during a subsequent national Express Entry draw.
PNPs have continued to run through the coronavirus pandemic, and there is no sign of their actions slowing in 2021.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC invites 1,000 candidates in the second Express Entry draw of the week
- Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from India
- Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada in 2024
- PNP applicants are invited to Canada’s Express Entry Draw
- A Complete Document Checklist for Canada Tourist Visa
- IRCC invites 3,725 candidates in the latest all-program Express Entry draw
- British Columbia, Alberta and PEI nominated candidates in the latest PNP results
- 6 Province’s of Canada have Invited Candidates in Latest Provincial Immigration Results
- First-ever category-based Express Entry draw for agriculture and agri-food occupations
- Canada’s First Express Entry draw after a month
- Express Entry Category-Based Vs. PNP Draw
- British Columbia, Quebec, and Manitoba issue ITAs in the latest provincial immigration results
- Five of Canada’s provinces have invited candidates to apply through PNP
- Get Your Australia Study Visa Within A Month
- Five Canadian provinces have invited candidates under the PNP