CRS drops to 360 in new Alberta PNP draw
Alberta’s second draw of January doubles the invitations and lowers the CRS requirement
After months of inaction, Alberta has released details of a second draw held in January. New Alberta PNP Draw of 2021 invites immigrants for provincial nomination.
On January 28, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) issued 100 invitations to Express Entry applicants, that had scores of 360 on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). These invited candidates are now able to apply for a provincial nomination under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
The first step to being eligible for a provincial nomination by means of this Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be to enter into the Express Entry system.
Express Entry is Canada’s program management system to the three Federal High Skilled immigration pathways, Including the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, along with the Canadian Expertise Class.
Eligible immigration candidates are given a score depending on the CRS. Points are awarded for factors that the government has determined will help a prospective immigrant succeed in Canada’s labor market.
About every 2 weeks, Canada’s immigration section, IRCC, holds Express Entry brings inviting candidates to apply for immigration. The highest-scoring applicants receive an Invitation to Implement (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence. If they are accepted, they receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence and their final step is to make their landing in Canada. Then they’re formally permanent residents. New Alberta PNP Draw of 2021 invites immigrants for provincial nomination.
If the candidates that obtained an invitation from Alberta get the provincial nomination, they will find an automatic 600 CRS points added to their score. Given that most Express Entry brings have minimal CRS cutoffs in the 400s, the further points efficiently ensure that provincial nominees will get an ITA in another Express Entry round of invitation.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
Candidates at the Express Entry program have the opportunity to obtain an invitation to apply for a provincial nomination out of Alberta, in addition to other provinces with Express Entry-aligned PNPs. They need to have work experience in a qualified job that supports the state’s economic growth and diversification priorities.
The AINP provides a listing of jobs that they won’t consider. Any other occupation might be contemplated.
However, candidates that obtained a Notification of Interest on or after November 1, 2020, can be chosen via the Alberta Express Entry Stream, even if they are working in an occupation that the national government won’t process an LMIA for.
Alberta was allowed to issue 6,250 nomination certifications in 2020. However, due to COVID-19, Alberta reduced their allocation to 4,000 nominations. This is why there were no draws for the second half of this year.
The number of provincial nominations allocated to Alberta to get 2021 hasn’t yet been revealed.
ο Reference taken from CIC News
- IRCC Invites 4,800 Candidates in the Thirteenth Express Entry Draw of 2023
- How to Calculate CRS Score for Express Entry?
- Exploring Top 5 Attractive Jobs In Canada Without A Degree
- The Twelfth Express Entry Draw Of 2023 Has Been Conducted By IRCC
- Ontario’s Latest Draw: CRS Went Down to 427
- Sweden vs Germany: Comparing Job Opportunities for Job Seekers
- The Easiest Province to Get PR in Canada: A Guide for Immigrants
- Latest Express Entry draw by IRCC invites 3,500 candidates!
- How to Get a Job in UK from India: A Comprehensive Guide
- SINP Latest Draw on 20th April 2023!
- How You Can Find A Job In Germany
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PNP CANDIDATE BY IRCC?
- Your ultimate guide for Canada immigration, Tips by consultant!
- FIRST EXPRESS ENTRY DRAW OF APRIL!
- Top 10 visa free countries to travel!
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying for a Australia Tourist Visa